The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

Last week i biught the whole pieces for a new computer!! It is my first one!

I bought an Azza Hurrican 2000 case with an ASUS P8P67 pro motherboard, an Intel core i7 2nd gen quad core 3.4GHz, a Cooler Master V10 heatsink, two LG blue ray drive, a Kingwin 1000W PSU, the EVGA GTX 580 Black Ops edition, a Creative Labs X-Fi Blaster sound card and four Corsair XMS3 4GB DDR3 memory so i have 16GB of RAM

So people tell me what you think about my new baby!! I should have all the pieces at the end of the week!!

P.S.: i forgot the Monitor!! I bought a 24" Gateway LED with 2ms response

VERY NICE! :thumbsup: Question: Did you get the K version of the i7 2600? Or just the standard 2600?

Last week i biught the whole pieces for a new computer!! It is my first one!

I bought an Azza Hurrican 2000 case with an ASUS P8P67 pro motherboard, an Intel core i7 2nd gen quad core 3.4GHz, a Cooler Master V10 heatsink, two LG blue ray drive, a Kingwin 1000W PSU, the EVGA GTX 580 Black Ops edition, a Creative Labs X-Fi Blaster sound card and four Corsair XMS3 4GB DDR3 memory so i have 16GB of RAM

So people tell me what you think about my new baby!! I should have all the pieces at the end of the week!!

P.S.: i forgot the Monitor!! I bought a 24" Gateway LED with 2ms response

Everything looks awesome except that CPU cooler. The V10 is pretty much the biggest most expensive heatsink on the market and its no better than most $30 heatsinks. Otherwise, everything else looks AWESOME. Congratz!

Wish you all the best of luck in that Statistic Exam mate! :thumbsup:

I think I bombed it :(

It's easy stuff, but my mind wasn't in the right place. I gave a graph, when it asked for a polygon. I worked left to right, when my teacher specifically wrote to work top to bottom. I couldn't get my Sample Variance equation to work, which screwed up my standard deviation answer... it was just a train wreck. And I actually studied for this, which bothers me. I'm normally very good at this stuff.

About 60 bucks worth of fans, tubing, etc. I'm redoing my wc loop and improving my wire management this weekend. :D

I remember when I got excited about redoing my rig. Now, it's more of a chore than anything.

A very comfortable executives chair from office max, $110

$20 in tasty vegatables and fruit

A $20 stuffed animal that my girlfriend practically burst out crying while giggling when I gave it to her :thumbsup:

Moral of the story, buy girls things that they can hug and squeeze and sometimes throw at your face when you aren't paying attention.

VERY NICE! :thumbsup: Question: Did you get the K version of the i7 2600? Or just the standard 2600?

I bought the K version and for Mercury i know it is expensive but i had a little money left on my budget and i really like the V10 style but you say it is not very good, do you??

I bought the K version and for Mercury i know it is expensive but i had a little money left on my budget and i really like the V10 style but you say it is not very good, do you??

I mean... its a decent cooler, but its not worth the money... Here is a review of the V10 by OCC, using a an i7-920 at 3.33ghz it hits 61c... which isnt bad i guess. But here is a review if the NH-D14 by OCC, which is like $30 cheaper, and it only gets 49c on the at the same 3.33Ghz... And as massive as the NH-D14 is, its still smaller than the V10. Take these reviews with a grain of salt, as the reviews were done by two different reviewers, and they both happen to have the NH-U12P in them, and show clearly different results, i would say that the OC in ccokeman's review is much more efficient. Or possibly the i7-920 used in the V10 review was a C0 stepping which runs much hotter. Regardless the NH-D14 is the current best air cooling solution period.

No question is looks awesome though! I thought about getting a V10 as well just because it looks sweet. But after looking at reviews i decided against it, and got a Prolimatech Megahalems instead, its almost as good as the NH-D14 about about $20 cheaper, win/win in my book. I have a pretty OC friendly i7-930 and using my Megahalems ive gotten my i7 to 4.4Ghz stable, but at a unacceptable 24/7 temp. But 4.2Ghz is nice and chilly at like 73c though! Compared to the heat a socket 1366 i7 puts out compared to the 1155 i have no doubts that the V10 will be more than sufficient though. I see 4.5ghz in your future easily, haha.