The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

Antec 300 case

OCZ Modxstream 500W

Asus VW192T 19" Monitor

cheapo 120mm case fan

Ive had almost a whole 'nother C2D rig sitting around unassembled for months so Ive finally decided to put it all together.

+ Gigabyte EP45-UD3L

Surprise, surprise I built another machine with my 680i, which was fully working when I pulled it out. It wont POST, I google the error code and its nicknamed "double dash of death" Whooopie!

*-$100* Cha-ching!

If I cant RMA the thing Im going to take a hammer to it.

+ Gigabyte EP45-UD3L

Surprise, surprise I built another machine with my 680i, which was fully working when I pulled it out. It wont POST, I google the error code and its nicknamed "double dash of death" Whooopie!

*-$100* Cha-ching!

If I cant RMA the thing Im going to take a hammer to it.

Make a thread like I did. I would never dare to do that to my UD3L though, I love it. If one board is getting the hammer, it's the 780i I have, it died again and this will be the 4th rma in 2 months time! RAWR!

Whaaaaat? You STILL haven't bought a new mobo? Jesus Christ man, I thought you were gonna office space that one so savagely that all mobos around the world would play the funeral march on their integrated speakers?

College costs a lot of money :(

Only reason I ended up getting the PSU and graphics card was because my folks helped hoof some of the bill(b-day present).

Oh but don't worry. When I do eventually get a new mobo, I'll be sure to make a video of this PoS getting demolished. Fire will be involved.

Oh no, its my 680i thats going to get the hammer if anything. My UD3P has been great and I expect the UD3L to be the same.

Edit* ^ Lets build a rig with our hated parts, install Windows ME on it and burn it while its running.

Edited by SMeeD

Oh no, its my 680i thats going to get the hammer if anything. My UD3P has been great and I expect the UD3L to be the same.

Edit* ^ Lets build a rig with our hated parts, install Windows ME on it and burn it while its running.

For some reason this reminds me of a little rant I did about ultra PSU's and residual fail-fields...worth looking for if you're in need of a good laugh. I'm sure Waco remembers if it he decides to browse through this thread and sees this post :lol:

I doubt my preshot p4 fits on a 780i, but it's worth a try! :D