Top/side Blowhole.

ok i have one of the chieftec cases with the window and i am looking to make a side blowhole(80 or 92mm) and a top blowhole (80mm)

my questions is is how can i make a good hole on the top through the steel without screwing it up?

i know that i can use a hole saw bit for my drill on the side with an 80mm but not sure about a 92mm. but will a hole saw bit work on the steel top? (i really dont want to use the dremmel and manually do it but i can if i have to as im pretty good at it but am just lazy LOL)

Edited by sYstEmATiC

As Jesse James from Monster Garage says, "We can do it the eazy way and have something crappy or do it the hard way and have something we can be proud of" My advise to you Is make a circle on a thin pice of wood and use it as a template, then once you have it cut out you can cut the holes out pretty easy with a dremmel. If you use a saw of some kind It would work but the cut woudent be as nice and once you sanded it down nice, itd be biger then what you wanted anywas

Im gonna be doing the same thing soon (top blowhole), and I was gonna use a 80mm hole saw bit, although my case is aluminium so it might be differernt.

I was gonna try and like douse the bit in water to stop sparks, friction marks, etc, but I dont know yet try to find some moddin sites, and work from that ;)

lol i JUST finished cutting and installing mine. i dont have any fancy gear so i just used a screw bit and ghetto cut it out (after penciling it on my case) then i used a stone bit to round it out, now it looks great (cept a slight scratch, nothin touch up cant help! :D )

The sparks are half the fun of cutting metal :P

lol....not only that, i could care less about how many sparks there are.

but i still will uise somethin to keep it from turnin colors like frictionboy said.

Edited by sYstEmATiC