Activision: Milking The Cash Cow

XiXVenomXiX

Okay so when Guitar Hero when came out it was fresh and exciting to alot of people. Fast forward a little over 2 years we now have:

Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero: something 80's

Guitar Hero II

Guitar Hero III

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith

Guitar Hero World Tour

Rock Band

Rock Band 2

Rock Revolution

All these games plus a DS GH. Now am I the only that thinks that enough is enough?

Discuss.

Guitar Hero is the dumbest crap I've ever heard of. I tried playing it before and after focusing on the screen for a while, it looks like the room is moving and my eyes hurt like bloody hell. Rock band is another dumb game just for the simple fact that I have no space in my room to keep all that shitt :glare:

To me it's just a played out teenage waste game

Each new version only comes with new songs and aesthetically enhanced instruments, so I don't know why they bother releasing sequels so often when Rock Band has already shown that you can purchase new songs online to update your library of music. Sure, the latest sequels have seriously updated instruments, but besides the original and the wireless versions, there really only needed to be three versions of this game out there (well four if you want to count the DS version).

call me crazy but if you put as many hours as a lot of people do into playing a real guitar instead of a fake plastic one, you could easily be playing most of the songs on guitar hero for real. and be quite good at them.

Then you can start creating rather than just emulating (and emulating based on four buttons and a spinny triangle is a pretty lacklustre emulation)

ref: Southpark guitar queero ep - "hes so good, he can play acoustic guitar hero *clickaclickaclickacliackaclick* - hey i love this track!"

call me crazy but if you put as many hours as a lot of people do into playing a real guitar instead of a fake plastic one, you could easily be playing most of the songs on guitar hero for real. and be quite good at them.

rock_band.png

People who compare GH and RB to real instruments are TOTALLY missing the point. If you don't like the game, great! But boiling it down like this is just silly. First of all, it's just supposed to be fun. And it is. A lot of people have a LOT of fun with this game, as silly as it admittedly is. If you equate five large colorful buttons with the plethora of real chords that guitar players memorize, that's crazy. If you equate 5 minutes of setting up plastic instruments for a 4 person Rock Band jam with hours of hauling real guitar/drum/mic gear, setting up, and sound checking, that's crazy.

In my basement I have four real guitars, two real guitar amps, one real bass guitar, one real bass amp, a real mic, and a real drumset. I haven't played them in months. I play Rock Band several times a week. B:)