8800gts G92

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm well i think ill go with the 8800gts. ill just have to make sure it has dual slot cooling (i wish it said on teh box)

I challenge you to find one that doesn't have dual slot cooling. Just look at the pictures, it's quite obvious.

You haven't told us what resolution you use. You haven't mentioned if you fold or not.

I have tried to hint at there being better options at that price...

I fold...that's a large reason why I don't have an ATI card. I also happen to like the drivers better, but YMMV in that arena. If you choose to get a Nvidia card, I better see some WU's pumped out ;) ;)

I challenge you to find one that doesn't have dual slot cooling. Just look at the pictures, it's quite obvious.

You haven't told us what resolution you use. You haven't mentioned if you fold or not.

I have tried to hint at there being better options at that price...

I fold...that's a large reason why I don't have an ATI card. I also happen to like the drivers better, but YMMV in that arena. If you choose to get a Nvidia card, I better see some WU's pumped out ;) ;)

my videocard folds quite well sir, I'm moving up the ranks pretty fast. My cpu isn't overclocked right now either

It's not that an anti-ati. i've had ATI's in the past.

but I just have had better driver support and experience with Nvidia thats all.

im not really a fanboy of any companies. I have jsut had better experience with Nvidia thats all.

plus i might be spending a lil bit more and getting a 640mb 8800gts anyways

The few comparisons I just searched for and found, showed the 4850 only very slightly ahead (talking 2 fps) in most tests. A couple of the tests actually had the gts ahead. There was one game at one resolution where you could say the 4850 "mopped the floor with" or "did not compete with" the gts, but looking at the big picture (averaging all the results) the 4850 is a little ahead, but imo not as much as some of you think.

The G92 is still a good card but I am sorry newer based games my 4850 does in fact mop the floor with the G92 which is why it sits on the shelve. At higher resolutions the G92 just does not hang anymore like it used too.

But for the price that you can get a G92 for nowadays is usually a damn good deal.

But cooler whatever you don't get the 8800GTS 640MB that is a slower card then the G92.