Q6600 Advice Wanted

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I am prime 10mins stable @ 3.55GHz, 1.47V in BIOS. I think if i go much higher on voltage my cooling won't cope. But just say i can keep the temp down, What is the max Voltage i should set in the bios? Also My NB is stable to 430FSB without changing voltage but will adding more NB voltage before that point make the CPU more stable?

Why are you so interested in stablity then. i can get my processor to 4500 for a bench its not stable just stable enough for the bench. Just up your voltage so that it is stable enough to run the bench, then turn it back down. It more than likely wont be there long enough to kill it.

What do most people consider "stable" time wise?

What do most people consider "stable" time wise?

Everyone is diffarent. I think if you can run prime95 for 6 hours its good enough, 1 hour of occt, 20 minutes prime stable is good enough to run a benchmark. I have hardly ever got my processor up to 100%, just playing games and stuff. About the only time i get it to 100% is when im stress testing. Some people say 24 hrs on prime, some say 8 hours. Ive never had a problem if i can get it 6hrs stable on prime95 then run occt for one hour its stable enough for me.

this clock will be for benching only so yea, an extra 100MHz will make a difference.

But you have said many times that you want a stable overclock?

If you just want a quick day of benching then just add more voltages, like you said it will only be for benching so a couple more volts wont kill the cpu neither will a cpu at 70C hurt (for a day or so of benching) for about 2 minutes worth of Vantage/3DMark ect.

OK, let me clarify this is soley for benching I don't really need stability. And these clocks & Volts will only last a short time. So once again I ask, what is the max voltage I should out through this Q6600 regardless of intels BS.