Lhc Cern End Of The World???

My_Inner_Fred

Humanity has broken everything else it has had its hands on so why should the fabric of space and time be any different? :lol:

Funny article on cracked.com NSFW, I would say. Our favorite Large Hadron Collider makes a number of appearances. :lol:

Edit: @ Queenz and Fred

I'm glad the people that decided to build the LHC are of the "Hmm, lets poke it with a stick" mentality. Were it not for people like them, we would still be living in caves without any of the comforts we have today. Screw everything we know about the universe. Lets smack it across the face with the LHC and see what happens. I bet $10 that the Large Hadron Collider will be the start of our Half-Life. As a matter of fact, it has already started...

Edited by iKillSteal

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people are so stupid I swear!!!! There are things in this world we are not meant to touch and these are one of those things. It really does sound very dangerous and should be considered illegal too. I understand scientists want to learn things but this is going about it all the wrong way. What happened to the days were we put a plant in a window and watched it grow and took notes and observations on it? Seems like those baby days are over. Seriously this should be stopped. :( :( I really do agree on with Zertz on what he said man you see and hear it everywhere that failures in science will cause the end of the world

:withstupid: EXACTLY MAN!! It's a THEORY not a FACT!!!!! They don't know for sure if that's how things would even go man for scientists their pretty dumb. Things big like this need more experience and testing and I mean years and years and seriously a large amount of years!

Wow dude, just wow. I can see now why so many people think you're a buffoon.

I'm still nervous about this thing..

Scientists working there say if a micro black hole did appear it would disappear with in seconds due to the Hawking theory...

They say that if a micro black hole appears it would lose mass faster than it would gain therefore it would disappear...

But this theory has never been experimented or observed before...

Link: Hawkings Theory

My head continues to hurt.

Anyways, would you guys freaking read books?! Seriously, if you actually read it, thought about it, really thought about it, it would make sense.

I absolutely garuntee that your concern about creation of black holes, and anything that comes after will not be a problem.

They will disappear just as quickly as they were created.

You guys need to look up atmosphereic black holes created by cosmic rays. Among an extremely long list of other items.

I know. I just know.

Im insane, you know.

Edited by Ste

Oh it's not just black holes that we have to worry about, Ste. Strange Matter, worm holes, the recreation of the big bang. The LHC can screw us over six ways from Sunday and still have a dozen or so surprises left up it's cold, metallic sleeve.

Humanity has broken everything else it has had its hands on so why should the fabric of space and time be any different? :lol:

Funny article on cracked.com NSFW, I would say. Our favorite Large Hadron Collider makes a number of appearances. :lol:

Edit: @ Queenz and Fred

I'm glad the people that decided to build the LHC are of the "Hmm, lets poke it with a stick" mentality. Were it not for people like them, we would still be living in caves without any of the comforts we have today. Screw everything we know about the universe. Lets smack it across the face with the LHC and see what happens. I bet $10 that the Large Hadron Collider will be the start of our Half-Life. As a matter of fact, it has already started...

:withstupid: Let it rip...

just my two cents on all of this :lol:

seriously these kinds of things are dangerous don't you think

Flying is dangerous. Walking is dangerous. Even the simple act of breathing is dangerous(if you look up the science behind it you will see that breathing both keeps us alive and slowly kills us). Doesn't matter if it's dangerous or not, it has to get done.

just my two cents on all of this :lol:

seriously these kinds of things are dangerous don't you think

Life would be quite dull if we played it safe in everything we do. Humanity has a massive capacity for curiosity and stifling that is an exercise in futility. The best we can do is try and minimize potential damage and then dive head first into whatever it is we're striving to accomplish.

Plus, these are some of the brightest minds on the planet. The thing has been under construction for 14 years, you don't think they've thought of everything that could have gone wrong in that time period, let alone the many years that were spent planning the thing out? Plus, we've got a particle accelerator right here in the US and nothing has gone wrong with that, so I'm inclined to trust the smart people that they know what they're doing.

Oh it's not just black holes that we have to worry about, Ste. Strange Matter, worm holes, the recreation of the big bang. The LHC can screw us over six ways from Sunday and still have a dozen or so surprises left up it's cold, metallic sleeve.

Oh gawd... <_<

Strange matter you say, ohhh, like Dark Matter!? Dark matter has mostly been detected by gravitational effects in the halos of galaxies and the halos of galaxy clusters and super clusters. Very little if any dark matter is detected within solar systems, on the moon or even near organisms on this planet. So far as we know dark matter only interacts through the gravitational force. So guess what, if in the event we somehow create any amount of dark matter through these tests it is extremely unlikely to cause problems. Which would be interesting, because it may involve smashing gravitons into each other, which is/are still theoretical particals in that of themselves..

And the possibility of creating something that could be defined as strange matter that isn't dark matter, is extremely unlikely because of the energy they are working with, and if even created, would be unlikely to cause the world as you know it to end.

Read books, alot.

Wormholes: Don't forget the equation E = M*C^2

As such, to create and sustain a wormhole, of any relevant size, would require and extremely large, seemingly infinte amount of energy. And guess what, our little contraptions are nowhere near powerful.

Worm holes much the same as black holes are created and wiff out of exsistence all the time, due to the quantum uncertainty principle

Recreation of the "Big bang" holy gawd what have you been reading?

We don't even know for certain what the big bang really was, why did it happen and furthermore why only one of the familar four forces exsisted at so called time zero.

As the expansion happened and duration increased the other forces as we define them came into exsistence.

So again, big bang, or whatever you think it was or how it was, extremely unlikely to recur because of these tests and energies levels they are working with.

You know how much energy exsisted and was released at time zero and just after as they think? A crap load of alot more that could every be reproduced with an accelerator in exsistence now or to be in short wokring order.

Think E = M*C^2

Please for the love of whatever you love, read books and think...

Im not trying to insult anyone, All Im saying is that you guys need to read more material.

Edit: Dreaming Didn't happen

Edited by Ste