Best 22 Inch Monitor

Blackfire

Guys i am looking for 22 inch monitor & I have found that ViewSonic-VA2226w & LG-L226WTQ are good monitors, So can you guys tell me which one is better than the other, i will be using them for playing games & watching movies.

Guys i am looking for 22 inch monitor & I have found that ViewSonic-VA2226w & LG-L226WTQ are good monitors, So can you guys tell me which one is better than the other, i will be using them for playing games & watching movies.

better buy ViewSonic than LG

ViewSonic already 20000:1 and 2ms

ViewSonic already 20000:1 and 2ms

rubbish descriptor

there are no set contrast ratios...every company claims their own. I've seen monitors that only do 2000:1 that look 3x brighter than another that claimed 10000:1

it's like infomercial nonsense, never go by this claim of contrast, and never go by the ms delay as it could be black-to-white or gray-to-gray which doesn't really have much bearing on hi-color (16m+) nor the ability to draw hi-color at 100fps in a 3d accelerated environment etc.

I have a couple Viewsonic LCD's and I love them. I have a couple of Samsung LCD's and I love them. I have an Acer 22" LCD on the way that has over 1600 user reviews at Newegg and cost just under $200 and I am going to love it.

Best advice = pick a brand name, a size, and a price range, and then compare features (other than claims of contrast and refresh etc). Then look at user reviews with a grain of salt, as well as website reviews, then pick one that you like the best. You won't be disappointed.

Well i have never owned those monitors but i do have a 22" Acer AL2216 monitor and its a great monitor especially for its price. It has a native res. of 1680X1050. Its a bit bright but nothing VGA drivers wont fix. I use it mostly for gaming and personally i like it, great monitor and only $200.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824009094

Well i have never owned those monitors but i do have a 22" Acer AL2216 monitor and its a great monitor especially for its price. It has a native res. of 1680X1050. Its a bit bright but nothing VGA drivers wont fix. I use it mostly for gaming and personally i like it, great monitor and only $200.

thanks for saving me the time :P, Yeah bang for buck is the Acer's middle name (though it's a long middle name) you won't find a better deal than that

It's a great monitor, I'm using one right now

I've got a Acer X223W which love, it was pretty cheap but looks great, especially when you turn on ACM (auto contrast adjusting thingie) but i only use that in games, because when veiwing word doc's etc it is a bit too bright, and i'd sacrifice quality to stop my eyes burning lol.

All in all, definitely worth the money :thumbs-up:

I have the Samsung 2253BW and love it, plus the frame is nice and sleek.

You pay a little more for Samsung, but IMO they've always had the best quality for probably the past five or so years.

Im currently using an Acer AL2216w and LOVE it. i dont have any issues with it and if its too bright for you, nothing some graphics settings cant fix :P.

oddly enough, right next to me i have a Samsung syncmaster 220wm that performs quite well too, but nothing i noticed that would make price on in worth it over the acer (this may be a moot point as it was purchased at bestbuy by a friend)

although as stated earlier price for performance is acers long middle name, im probably picking up another soon here :D

yep this is the monitor that will be arriving on my doorstep sometime this afternoon