[update]planning To Connect A/c To Pc

I hooked up the AC to the PC, and below are the results. Not too bad. Just a note, the condensation was building quit a bit up by the AC, but by the time the air got to the end there was no more moisture.

Norm Temps:

Video Card at idle: 37

Ok, I just spent a couple minutes reading the other thread.

I'm not sure why everybody is so worried about condensation...

Lemme put it this way. When you run the A/C, the process by which the air cools means that it can hold less moisture. Or, as one might say, the relative humidity goes up. However, the process by cooling the air over a cold heat exchanger causes condensation on the fins. There are condensate drains in A/C units for this purpose.

Moreover...if you are worried about condensation, think about it. Condensation occurs on cold surfaces (cold - relative to the ambient air temperature), specifically, below the dew point.

So, if none of the components in the computer are below the ambient air temperature (i.e. normal air or water cooling), you won't get any condensation. If, however, you do have something cold enough...like LN2, dry ice, or phase, you will have to take the appropriate countermeasures.

i have been using my my Ghetto AC mod for quite sometime.

i am actually getting ready to connet the duct directly to the fans on the TRUE.

no pictures yet since it is not done...

i have had no condensation problems at all.

i do recommend that the PC be the highest thing in the loop to avoid condensation running from the ducting into the PC.

as you can see in the picture, it does get quite cold in the ducting and will almost frost if the conditions are just right.

i have been using my my Ghetto AC mod for quite sometime.

i am actually getting ready to connet the duct directly to the fans on the TRUE.

no pictures yet since it is not done...

i have had no condensation problems at all.

i do recommend that the PC be the highest thing in the loop to avoid condensation running from the ducting into the PC.

as you can see in the picture, it does get quite cold in the ducting and will almost frost if the conditions are just right.

Does it get hot in your room with the PC taking all the A/C?

the PC does not affect the cooling of the room in the least.

the cold air is flowing thru the TRUE right back into the room.

with 8000BTU the heatsink does not have any affect whatsoever.

besides...

the room is cooled by the central AC of the house.

the window unit is just there to cool the PC...

Pretty cool (ya gedit?)

I've always wanted to try this.

I brought my laptop outside into my shed back in the day when it was like 25 degrees outside and made a ghetto air cooler.

I don't remember what the temps were but they were pretty low, especially for this laptop...

Edited by Andrewr05

is it just me or did those temps not even need to be even moreso cooled..

plus i noticed you used the whole output of the airconditioner making it completely for the computer.

thats a waste of electricity to get your computer near condensation levels

is it just me or did those temps not even need to be even moreso cooled..

plus i noticed you used the whole output of the airconditioner making it completely for the computer.

thats a waste of electricity to get your computer near condensation levels

If he's running the A/C regardless...it's the same energy.

Did you miss what I said above about condensation? If you lower the ambient temperature and the relative humidity (exactly what A/C does), the dew point drops down. Furthermore, none of the components will be below the ambient temperature coming out of A/C...

Mount it to an intake fan so it cools everything, and try to get the PC above the AC. Condensation may not form in the case, but it might in the tube and then it can just drip into it.

Useful mod for benching, but thats about it!