FAH Affinity Setter

ARandomOWL

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if the VMWare stuff is of any use, I don't have my Quad anymore, but as far as I remember, it's not dual instances of VMWare, but dual instances of Ubuntu in one VMware instance, unless you run it differently AJW.

As for the regular clients, with each WU it downloads, the affinity of the cores is reset. Now this would normally not be a problem, but for whatever reason, if for example a regular CPU client is allowed to run on both cores, it will use 100% of one core, but also ban the other folding instances from about 20-25% of the other core. The affinity setter fixes this problem :)

I don't know if the VMWare stuff is of any use, I don't have my Quad anymore, but as far as I remember, it's not dual instances of VMWare, but dual instances of Ubuntu in one VMware instance, unless you run it differently AJW.

I added the dual VMware support for ppl who run 2 VMware machines (Like me). Each VMware machine uses 2 cores, so run 2 & it makes use of 4 cores.

Are you running two times VMWare, or one VMWare with dual instances of Ubuntu?

Im running two virtual machines in VMware ie two seperate operating systems, each running with one smp client.

would it be useful to run the first instance on core 0 and 1 and second instance on 3 and 4?

Yea, the question here is whether this program can go into VMWare and run one of the Ubuntu instances on core 0 and 1, and the other on 2 and 3? Cause I'm *thinking* this affinity setter is meant for running VMWare #1 onto core 0 and 1, and VMWare #2 on core 2 and 3.

• 2 months later...