Need A Fan To Push Massive Air

bg8780

I'm looking for a 120mm fan to push MASSIVE air through my TRUE. any recommendations? It doesnt need to be quiet nor look fancy but i dont mind if it has some lights and stuff on it. all i care about is quality and CFM's

^just the one i was going to link.

Im getting two of these for my xigmatek cooler. There loud but thats what surround sound is for ;)

They really do push alot of air highest i have seen for a fan on the market.

Sanyo Denki 109R1212H1011

http://www.petrastechshop.com/12x38sadesan.html

Scythe fans are great, but the drive is pretty weak, and they don't push very much static pressure, despite their high CFM claims

Read my post here if you want to hear me rant more about static pressure.... http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...20&start=20

For example, the SD fan above, which is rated to 105CFM @ 12v, performed a few degrees cooler than Scythe's Slip Stream 110CFM fan - and that's undervolted to 7v

Edited by politbureau

a 120x38 fan is always going to have way more static pressure than a 120x25 fan... your Noctua NF-P12 comparison is a poor example...

find the spec on the 120x38 Panaflo L1A (or whatever the NMB-MAT model is called)... that would be a better comparison for your example...

it seems as though you've either ignored or don't realise the fundamental differences between 38mm and 25mm thick fans...

also, that Scythe Ultra Kaze 3000 has 80.66 Pa of static pressure, so that stomps all over your sanyo denki

a 120x38 fan is always going to have way more static pressure than a 120x25 fan... your Noctua NF-P12 comparison is a poor example...

find the spec on the 120x38 Panaflo L1A (or whatever the NMB-MAT model is called)... that would be a better comparison for your example...

it seems as though you've either ignored or don't realise the fundamental differences between 38mm and 25mm thick fans...

also, that Scythe Ultra Kaze 3000 has 80.66 Pa of static pressure, so that stomps all over your sanyo denki

Why so much hate, hard? :(

I do understand the 'fundamental differences.' :P If you read carefully, you'd realize that my overall point was that more CFM does not equal better performance, and that +CFM does not = +Pa. My 'rant' was that manufacturers should test and publish Pa numbers instead of CFM numbers, since CFM is an arbitrary metric when placed in the context of a restrictive flow environment like a HS. And of course a 38mm fan will have more SP - it has larger blade surfaces....

EDIT: While I see that Scythe is now publishing Static Pressure numbers, I am curious about their results. I emailed them a year or so ago, and they said point blank that they "do not test static pressure, and therefore do not publish those relative numbers."

In my testing (using a Bernoulli apparatus) the Scythe fans I played with always underperformed other similarly spec'd fans, regardless of CFM numbers. While I haven't tested the Ultra Kaze 38mm fans, I suspect that if they are built similarly to their other series, then this would hold true. Hence my reccomendation of the SD, which has one of the highest constant static pressure values relative to its CFM rating I have tested.

Feel the love :wub:

Edited by politbureau

I understood your point, but got thrown off when you compared a 38mm thick SD to the NF-P12 lol...

All the fan manufacturers I care about for performance have static pressure vs CFM graphs anyway :D (Panaflo/NMB-MAT, Delta)

I see Scythe has some NMB fans... so Scythe is probably just a brand rather than a manufacturer, hence the lack of datasheets

I understood your point, but got thrown off when you compared a 38mm thick SD to the NF-P12 lol...

All the fan manufacturers I care about for performance have static pressure vs CFM graphs anyway :D (Panaflo/NMB-MAT, Delta)

I see Scythe has some NMB fans... so Scythe is probably just a brand rather than a manufacturer, hence the lack of datasheets

Well that's also what I thought, but I disassembled a couple of their fans, and the coils and bearings were oriented different than most OEMs I've seen, and I didn't see any OEM PNs. This is what prompted the email to their PR deptartment, who said, in addition to "we do not test fans," that "we design and manufacture our own products." Obviously not true for rebadged NMB stuff, so I wonder which series this incorporates?

BTW, bg8780 - ignore our ranting, we're quantifiable lunatics and obsessed with silly things... Scythe fans are great for the price, and if Hard says the U.Kaze rocks, I would say go for it.

All these fans are way to loud at high speeds. I prefer something quiet but still with a decent amount of air flow. It's annoying to try and use the computer and listen to like 2 or 3 of those running