A Friendly Folding At Home Challenge

Crazy_Nate

remote desktop is not compatible with the gpu client.

So, I think I found out the same problem you've had with the GPU client (I found your thread on the FAH forum -- here).

"Either your GPU is not supported, or you need updated drivers" or something along those lines. Boo. If I had known this would happen, I would have left a 6800GT in there next to it and used it as the primary graphics card. *EDIT* Actually, I doubt that would work...it seems that remote desktop just disables the CUDA drivers when you use it. Guess I'll look elsewhere...

Well, guys, it seems I will be limited to running default clients on other random computers until I get back to school to tinker on my desktop in person. <_<

:foldon: :foldon:

I'll still be around keeping track of how people are doing.

The prize can be serious (PSU) or silly (ancient CPU), it's all up to what you guys want.

Judy - don't worry, it's the first time I've run this sorta challenge ;)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, this is the last stats update for a little while. I'm going to be 2755 miles away from anything that remotely resembles one of my computers...but, they'll still be folding ;)

Keep up the good work! :thumbs-up:

I have been folding bits here & there & now I have decided to go 24/7. I installed VMWare with 2 xubuntu VMs each to run the 64bit linux client. It was really simple & easy to install. Now Ive got my 9800gtx with 5600PPD & these 2 VMs which Ive yet to monitor. :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

I downloaded the VMware player and am I right in saying i have to download there version of Ubuntu? I though it was like virtual box were I can just mount an ISO of Ubuntu?

Don't worry I think I need my morning coffee I just read the guide over on Planet AMD. :sleep:

• 1 month later...