My Best Sig Ever

MasterChief.png?t=1215650617

I worked on this for a freakin' whole 15 minutes.

Edited by Krow

Maybe you could work on it a bit more to get it within 500x100 pixels (the forum limit) :D

:withstupid:

Shrink it to 500x100 or smaller or it'll have to go. These rules are posted right next to the place where you enter your sig text. :)

(though those ones actually still say 480x90 for some reason... :blush: )

500x100

subtract 50 from 500 you have 450.

add 50 to 100 you have 150.

It's still in the pixel limit?

400x150. it's 50 pixels below the limit.

Edited by Krow

500x100

subtract 50 from 500 you have 450.

add 50 to 100 you have 150.

It's still in the pixel limit?

400x150. it's 50 pixels below the limit.

Try again. It's a dimension limit in both directions, not a guideline for "number of pixels" allowed.

Besides, if it was for the total number of pixels allowed, you'd still be outside the limit.

500*100 = 50,000

400*150 = 60,000

Nowhere in the rules is there any hint that the maximum image size is a product of the dimensions given. While you are in PhotoShop correcting the dimensions to comply with the rules also take note of rule #6. 80kb is the maximum allowed file size not a suggestion. So trimming your 138k size will be necessary.

5. Image cannot be larger than 500x100. This does not apply to the XFire miniprofile.

6. Total image file size must not exceed 80kb

The filesize should take care of itself once you remove the crappy animation. No offense, but it's not needed and it makes it look bad. Besides that I think it looks cool, so make that static and resize it and you've got a winner :)

I don't understand, I'm not using it as a signature.

And for the animation, I just figured out how to use it, so I pretty much threw it in without thinking.

I don't understand, I'm not using it as a signature.

And for the animation, I just figured out how to use it, so I pretty much threw it in without thinking.

Heh. Yeah, that's usually what happens when people first learn animation. CS3 has the "animation" window viewable by default, IIRC, so it's no surprise you've found it...Adobe made it a lot more accessible than previous versions, but it was always there, just as a separate program called ImageReady. The nice thing is that if you know photoshop, animation isn't too difficult. Just know when to use it and when not to ;).

Overall though, it's a nice design.