Keyboard + Pepsi Max

paulktreg

Use a solution of laundry detergent and warm water to clean the loose keys in a plastic bag. Worked too well for me.

Then hit the crevasses of the board with a tooth brush and damp cloth.

Finnish off with a micro fiber cloth.

Dry the keys and reassemble.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've haven't tried this in a long time but I used to throw older keyboards in the dishwasher and they came out great. This may sound crazy but it actually works. Since it's wireless take the batteries of course. It's worth a shot anyways.

never throw the keyboard in the dishwasher

the keys, once all removed and loose, no problem in the silverware bin in the dishwasher, but avoid putting anything else in the dishwasher...

as long as the keyboard is dry when you turn it back on it will be fine. Water will not hurt your keyboard while no power is applied. Now using all kinds of different cleaners is more dangerous to your hardware. NEVER take any one persons advice, ALWAYS do your research.

I work at a school and before we had a tech budget the keyboards were run through a dishwasher...did this for many years. It's not like you're sticking a hair dryer in there...worst thing that happens is the keyboard doesn't work.

Don't argue with the boss man, if he says not to recommend something leave it at that.

I would make her clean it, if she refuses make her watch you submerge her phone in Coke (Pepsi sucks), then deduct the cost of a new keyboard off her allowance, or make her do chores for it.

He has a 17 year old daughter...a sticky keyboard is the least of his problems. Get another(keyboard), grab your socks and hope that's the worse you have to endure.

*disclaimer

I have 3 daughters, ages 1, 10, and 15...

I'm not arguing, just saying that I've done it many times with no ill effect. Sure hope I don't get banned over something that silly.

No, no silly.. just figured I'd give ya a heads up.