Sins of a Solar Empire

Angry_Games

im starting to love this game, except for one thing.

i had a planet with some 40 ships around it (my 1st fleet). but the enemy just jumps in, destroys the planet, and jumps out again. due to reaction time i can take out 3-4 of those ships, double that with phase jump inhibiters. but its annoying that with 30 siege ships i keep loosing the planet

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im starting to love this game, except for one thing.

i had a planet with some 40 ships around it (my 1st fleet). but the enemy just jumps in, destroys the planet, and jumps out again. due to reaction time i can take out 3-4 of those ships, double that with phase jump inhibiters. but its annoying that with 30 siege ships i keep loosing the planet

lol build up planet defenses + research stuff that makes your planets/population less vulnerable

I have typically about 8 defense hangars + lots of defense frigs + 1 defensive cap ship around a planet and usually I can make the enemy turn tail and run before they can destroy the entire planet infrastructure, but even then sometimes I can't...so I just re-colonize it (the good thing is you already have all your factories, hangars, etc still there!)

Learning the game now, definitely addictive. I can see what you guys mean about the crappy tutorial. I was doing good when i didn't know it and now the bad guy is getting a little too powerful. :eek:

well we plan on having a game tonight, not exactly sure what time, so anyone interested should post what time they got free tonight.

As I've said, we normally do humans vs bots to ease new players in. I'm sure eventually we'll get into pvp but for now, we want everyone to learn the game and have some fun!

Check Reinvented's sticky thread for Ventrilo information also.

yeah looking to hopefully play a little tonight either with momma or after she goes to bed (typically around 9:30-11PM MST since she teaches school all week)

either or, you should get on vent (or better yet, tell us you know of a vent server that has channels so we don't have to share it with others). It's in stick thread by Reinvented, a few posts down.

Worked last night

Working tonight

Yup, this is exactly how I envisioned my Friday and Saturday Nights - YEE HAW!!!

Maybe sometime this coming up week. Hell maybe even fri/sat I'll just chill and be up for some gaming, we'll see.

It was a good one! After a rough start with being unable to load a stuck saved spot - couldn't tell if it was the auto-saved game or one of the comps - the next 4.5 hours flew by. Couldn't imaging how long the 5star 106planet game would take...:eek2:

Edit: I just made a 255 planet system, and it was crazy - no idea what the limit is...