XP outshines Vista in Benchmarks

soundx98

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Microsoft admits that the launch has not gone as well as the company would have liked. "Frankly, the world wasn't 100 percent ready for Windows Vista," corporate vice president Mike Sievert said in a recent interview at Microsoft's partner conference in Denver.

Microsoft has not done enough to make users aware of the benefits of Vista, NPD analyst Chris Swenson said at the conference. "The problem is that there are a lot of complex new features in Vista, and you need to educate consumers about them...much like Apple educating the masses about the possibilities of the iPhone or focusing on a single feature or benefit of the Mac OS in the Mac-versus-PC commercials. Microsoft should be educating the masses about the various new features in a heavy rotation of Vista in TV, radio, and print ads. But the volume of ads (for Vista) has paled in comparison to the ads run for XP."

More like Vista wasn't 100 percent ready for the World. Even if Vista does have new features unbeknown to us that still doesn't make up for it's lackluster performance. No matter how you look at it, it's still a horrible OS as of now. There's not much you can do to a pile of . to make it smell pretty.

More like Vista wasn't 100 percent ready for the World.

I was thinking the same thing. And with SP3 coming for XP with even more of a performance increase, things will only get uglier for Vista. Vista's SP will have squat for performance increases...poor early adopters.

to me vista seems to perform better than xp.

for one games runs better on my desktop and laptop

and runs very smooth on my desktop in sig:)

like a day ago i reinstalled vista back on my laptop dell 9300 with a 7800gtx and need for speed prostreet was smooth xp has that juttering and stoping noway around it tried everything...

but had to pop xp back on because sound was messed up on crysis because of the bad drivers that companies cant make right also i blame the software companies for games to.

but other than that vista was faster.

also the desktop doesint have no sound problems video problems or anything runing 100%:)

right now xp is installed on my laptop with service pack 3 beta and it is faster and smoother and stabler than it was but didint fix the need for speed problem.

im not nocking down xp at all because right now its much more stabler with service pack 3 but i perfer vista.

if you have problems with it its mainly because of the non optimize drivers.

tho the 169.04 nvidia drivers and 09 seemed pretty stable but ony reson i uninstalled vista is because sound problems and that it.

to me vista seems to perform better than xp.

for one games runs better on my desktop and laptop

and runs very smooth on my desktop in sig:)

like a day ago i reinstalled vista back on my laptop dell 9300 with a 7800gtx and need for speed prostreet was smooth xp has that juttering and stoping noway around it tried everything...

but had to pop xp back on because sound was messed up on crysis because of the bad drivers that companies cant make right also i blame the software companies for games to.

but other than that vista was faster.

also the desktop doesint have no sound problems video problems or anything runing 100%:)

right now xp is installed on my laptop with service pack 3 beta and it is faster and smoother and stabler than it was but didint fix the need for speed problem.

im not nocking down xp at all because right now its much more stabler with service pack 3 but i perfer vista.

tho the 169.04 nvidia drivers and 09 seemed pretty stable but ony reson i uninstalled vista is because sound problems and that it.

you are the only person I've ever met that would say such a thing...which leaves the other 99.99999% of us in the "Vista sucks total butt compared to XP and we've proven it with benchmarks as well as just using it" boat.

or more likely it is because Vista is pile of crap that wasn't 100% ready for the world and MS thought they could jam this huge stinking pile of . down our throats and force everyone to buy it.

It must suck to be the king and give orders all the time only to realize one day you might be the king but no one listens to you anymore and eventually your subjects turn on you and kill you.

Merry Vista Xmas or something Microscab.

im pretty much not the ony one hehe my uncle and my cuison like it better and said the same thing as i did.

also when i browse the net i see peaple say the same thing as i do and they like it.

also about drivers its pretty much true because just like graphics drivers some perform bad and others dont.

like on guitar hero 3 the 80s drivers plays it smooth but when i go to 160s drivers its laggy and jittery and this is on xp.

just like everywere i go say ati drivers are bad and nvidia drivers are better which in my case is not true.

i never had a single problem with ati drivers and i been useing ati cards sense the 9600xt

but with nvidia seems like the newer drivers they get the badder they get.

but ya heres one link that he says he perfers it over xp

http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-9590-0.html...=767323&start=0

also 2 games that show a big increses is need for speed prostreet which skippy in xp on my laptop and vista is smooth and than overlord on vista i could play it at 1920x1200res maxxed and it was smooth but with xp i cant do that now without lag have to keep it under 1440x900res and it still pretty bad.

but everyone has there opinion what they like:)

im pretty much not the ony one hehe my uncle and my cuison like it better and said the same thing as i did.

also when i browse the net i see peaple say the same thing as i do and they like it.

also about drivers its pretty much true because just like graphics drivers some perform bad and others dont.

like on guitar hero 3 the 80s drivers plays it smooth but when i go to 160s drivers its laggy and jittery and this is on xp.

just like everywere i go say ati drivers are bad and nvidia drivers are better which in my case is not true.

i never had a single problem with ati drivers and i been useing ati cards sense the 9600xt

but with nvidia seems like the newer drivers they get the badder they get.

but ya heres one link that he says he perfers it over xp

http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-9590-0.html...=767323&start=0

also 2 games that show a big increses is need for speed prostreet which skippy in xp on my laptop and vista is smooth and than overlord on vista i could play it at 1920x1200res maxxed and it was smooth but with xp i cant do that now without lag have to keep it under 1440x900res and it still pretty bad.

but everyone has there opinion what they like:)

and i whouldint lie that my systems runs faster with it either because im a gamer and want my systems to run fast while doing it:)

Guest SuppA-SnipA

XP outshines Vista in Benchmarks

this is news?

i loved the betas, they were good, final is crap, imo

I'm going to be honest here...I find Vista 'okay'.

I don't notice any difference in performance really, but then I've always used in on above-average computers anyways.

There are three things that bug me.

1. At the time there was no proper driver support for the C-Media chip in my Auzentech XPlosion. Meaning that the digital outputs will not produce proper 5.1 sound. From what I understand there was no intention of making this work in the future, I haven't bothered to research it recently.

2. The 'prettiness' of it does nothing for me. It's not a downside, I just don't care about it so there's no reason to bother with it.

3. (this is a big one for me, though it may seem dumb) Open folders look and feel different. As an example, I don't bother using Windows Media Player, iTunes, or Foobar to create playlists. When I listen to music, I listen to whole CD's and I've always found it easier to just open up my music folder that lists the artist, scan until I see an artist I want, open it up and find an album I want to hear. Select all of them and right click and select "open in whatever". I'm not sure what it was about Vista, but I couldn't do that or it was rediculously complicated.

4. (yeah I said there was only three...shove off) I hate Windows Media Player 11. No big deal right? Except I really LIKE Windows Media Player 10. Foobar suffices for those files in weird formats, but I like the user interface of WMP10 and it also works with my Sansa Sandisk (which is important because the supplied software doesn't work on an x64 OS)

The performance doesn't bother me. Why? Because there's that 1% again. Just because there's a 3% difference in performance in 3dmark, PCMark, some games, etc, etc doesn't mean I'm going to notice it or care about it. Yeah sure, If I'm running a stock Sempron 2800+ it might matter. Oh wait - I am. And it doesn't. Even with all the candy in Vista turned on. I used Vista on an HTPC for a long, long time without any real complaints other than the 'open folders' BS and the Auzentech drivers.

on my crappy laptop vista runs about 60% as fast as xp.

This probably has a lot to do with vista taking 800mb of ram and onboard video taking another 500mb.

It's still kind of ridiculous though, vista uses a significant amount of your computer to just waste time keeping you from your own data.

As far as games running better on vista I'm going to go with your own argument and say your xp drivers are bad. So if that's a reasonable excuse for vista...in anycase did you try using older drivers or any sort of troubleshooting? Also the reason driver production for vista is so slow is because microsoft's requirements for vista drivers are borderline impossible (if not actually impossible) so, in that case, it's still microsoft's fault that your computer doesn't work right.

I'm just hoping that vista convinces people to put a more serious effort into a user-friendly version of linux.

yep i tried every driver out there old ones and new ones my laptop just seems to like vista pretty much more.

like one game second sight on xp the sound sounds like chickmunks on vista its perfect:) but couldint pretty much keep it installed because the sound was mess up on crysis which is the f-mod problem which in the patch should fix it.

but for my desktop in sig i have no problems at all smooth as silk every program runs 100% and my desktop is on 24/7 steaming music and gaming not 24/7gaming but ya lol.

like on the 3dmark benchs nothing has droped pretty much it scored better lol

im even runing windowblinds to lol and tons of back rounds programs to.

what i think why games run much better is because it uses the main memory incase it runs out of video memory i could run higher res in all games on vista.

my desktop didint have a problem with xp it was realy fast to but i just perfer better because it runs much more better.

stuff responds better and prettty much everything else lol

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you just said but I'm surprised if vista works nearly as well as let alone better than xp.

At this point, since you're the only person I've heard say that so far, I'm going to say your results are quite a-typical.

Also when I use xp I turn all the useless settings off which I'd guess makes it run ~15% faster which might account for it being so much better for me in particular I suppose. I tried that with vista though and it didn't seem to help (though it defaulted to mostly everything turned off anyway) maybe if I had it on my desktop it would run better, I'll have to test it out.