XP outshines Vista in Benchmarks

soundx98

That video is by far the funniest thing I've seen.:shake: But it does tell the truth about Vista. This video needs to get out to make more people aware about Vista so that they will be well educated.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

video was funny but in my eyes vista aint like that:)

i had my computer on non stop for months i never shut it down ony time i shut it down is when im overclocking in the bios:)

but other than that i never had a error or any freezeing lol

and also the computer steams music allways to:)

but ya my uncle wants vista back even but his sound card cmedia is chit so he runs xp right now.

thats my problem why im useing xp on my laptop because of the sound card.

other than that everything worked better:)

and my cusion wants it to but mainly waiting till he gets more hdd space and makes sure his drivers works right with vista.

well for one thing my eyes was wide open:eek: lol

and like i said threw this whole thread vista runs smooth and fast and works with every program i have and all games.

and it does it all better than xp maybe my systems are unique or maybe i am to make vista run silky smooth :cool:

also xp is not great either because how long its been out and cant keep up with sound cards lol like 2nd sight or juiced which has chick munks voices.

and guess what? vista fixed that on my laptop:)

and vista been out like not even a year :sweat:

for all the problems i see with vista i blame the drivers not the os.

Ok well im glad it works for you really I am but your in a minority, and there will always be exceptions to the rule.

Before XP came out I was using 98 and I hated it, I was just like the dude in the video beating the system with the keyboard lol. When XP hit the shelves I bought it after reading a few reviews by what I would deem "trusted sources" and 30 mins after installing it I knew it was better than 98. Apart from a little extra memory needed I had zero hardware issues. I was able to successfully burn CD's without an endless stack of coasters and if something messed up the good old system restore saved me numerous times. For me that was a huge plus, a system restore for 98 was 2 hours of a 98 installation and an hour for drivers, I think they tried the system restore feature with Win98 ME but I gave that one a miss just like im giving Vista a miss.

Vista just doesn't really offer anything new. If your games had Chipmunk voices then I would lean towards a bad codec or sound driver, your statement that,

"also xp is not great either because how long its been out and cant keep up with sound cards lol like 2nd sight or juiced which has chick munks voices."

and

"for all the problems i see with vista i blame the drivers not the os."

basically answers your own problems with XP.

Vista is being pre-installed on systems that just can't run it and up until recently you really had no choice for a store bought PC. Now you have huge companies like Dell being forced by customers to sell their PC's with XP installed instead of Vista, that must tell you something. I think even Linux has had a boost in interest because of Vista, so it still has its uses.

Maybe after a couple of service packs, maybe then I'll give it another try but I still see XP being used right up until Microsoft makes their next OS and I bet my bottom dollar that they will go a completely different direction than they did with Vista. 98 to XP was a nice step up (I know that win2k was in between but it was quite expensive for the masses to use), XP to Vista is at best a step to the side.

Most people and I include myself in that were afraid that DX10 would leave us way behind the times and games like Crysis wouldn't be playable unless we had Vista but that turned out to be hot air. I built the rig in my sig for this exact reason but here I am playing the same games and running the same programs on XP that people are using on Vista and 9 times out of 10 they run better on XP.

ya im understanding everything im just telling the truth on my behalf:)

also about the chickmunk voices its not the codecs i tried everything and i tried every driver out there.

ony fix that fixed it is when i installed vista and all my sound problems has been fixed:)

i whould love to get those 2 games working 100% with xp because that what im useing on my laptop right now till i get a bigger hdd

but looks like it wont be fixed seems like the sigmatell cmager xp drivers has bugs or something...

also cant find a fix for need for speed prostreet skiping on xp either.

when i installed vista last week on it i pop on need for speed ps and the skiping has gone and was alot smoother.

so im not realy sure what going on lol

but ya i dont understand why they put vista on store bought pc mainly with ony 512mb or 1gb of ram thats just to low for vista to run happy lol

just like they did with xp when it came out with 64mb ram up to 128mb lol

and the ones that came with 2gb of ram or more didint have no problems like the new dells laptops and desktops.

but i do understand why peaple wont upgrade mainy because its a ram hog but so far im not haveing any problems with ram runing out or any slowdowns in games.

I have finally got Vista to run close or the same as XP, the compatibility has been good for the program I need even for 64 bit. I like some of the features like bit locker, performance monitoring and that its HAL independent. The thing that still annoys me to no end is the USB support. Some USB devices seem to show up and disappear whenever they feel like which is real annoying. I wouldn't use it as a gaming computer but for everyday use......I am ok with it.

gordesky1

As long as the user is happy, as you seem to be, that's all that matters. If not much more then minimal hardware support is required Vista isn't bad.

Your comments, if indeed true, about software and especially benchmarks running faster on Vista then XP should be able to earn you a nice paycheck. Because you have managed to accomplish something that has even eluded Microsoft.

BINGO! Right on P!