Project: Cm 690 Water Cooled - Worklog (pics, Pics, And More Pics)

Guest r3d c0m3t

This is really inspiring me to finally mod my CM Stacker, great job.

I can't count the number of times I've looked at these pics and said "Damn." to myself. :)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.....it's nice hearing what everyone thinks :D.

I wanted to highlight the hd slots, so I cutout three pieces of acrylic to fit above the hd's; these are some test pieces (one piece has an air bubble in the acrylic and drilled ends to the set the leds).....maybe a uv led at each end of the acrylic..... or just keep the ccfl behind the hd cage, it's does a pretty good job highlighting.

1002478po9.jpg

1002468qx2.jpg

1002434nu7.jpg

I'm trying to think of a window cutout/design?

1002454pp4.jpg1002459ts5.jpg

I was just looking over this again and I finally noticed you have the same CPU as me. Did you ever have the E6850 in another board? Do you think your OC is better with this DFI P35?

@ t_ski; I've ran the E6850 in a P5N32-E SLI (680i), could reach the same OCs but the P35 is a lot more stable. The 680i had FSB holes and was hit & miss on stability, this drove me nuts so I upgraded to the P35 with no regrets.

@ t_ski; I've ran the E6850 in a P5N32-E SLI (680i), could reach the same OCs but the P35 is a lot more stable. The 680i had FSB holes and was hit & miss on stability, this drove me nuts so I upgraded to the P35 with no regrets.

Thanks for the info. Still on the fence as whether or not to upgrade. Part of the problem is the lack of availability of the X38 boards :(

More Progress:

Another CF film mod, covering the front of a card reader plus usb.

1002480gq3.jpg

1002504za0.jpg

Film applied, making sure it matches the cf pattern of the fan controller and dvd drive

Edited by mknwatt

I thought about using mesh behind the window but figured it would effect the air intake flow; front and bottom are the only intake, 4 exhaust - three on the rad and one out the rear (front rad fan can pull intake air in through the front mesh). Mesh would look nice in the lower two corners. I'll test it out before I do anything final.

I have three colors of acrylic; clear, uv green, and clear uv blue. I was thinking clear behind the entire window. I'll see how it works and looks with some mesh ;)

Wow. Amazing mod, wish I had the money to do something insane with my case :P. Thinking about getting one of these vs. an Antec 900. Any thoughts?

Thanks! :) Haven't had or seen (in person) an Antec 900.....I do however like the CM 690 its been a easy case to mod. Really like the front power/reset mount. You can remove the case front without disconnecting (never had this on cases of mine) the small things matter, lol. A bad thing is the mesh infront of the fans makes for noise (still have it in the bottom) :(

powerresetledid5.jpg

Or you could keep with the design of the pump cover and do the mesh on top, with the UV green in back.

I'll keep that in mind....your making more work for me.....was getting close to the end, I thought ;)

Edit: I like the look of mesh and uv green acrylic..... Thanks t_ski! :nod:

sneek peek

1002764ay3.jpg