Maximus Formula + Q6600 + Reaper HPC

Guest r3d c0m3t_merged

Guest r3d c0m3t
3dmark reckons ur running @ 4GHz me thinks....?

Several programs misread the FSB and multiplier I'm using, I'm still at the same clock frequency listed in my sig. I have gotten to 4050, but I have yet to maintain stability.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest r3d c0m3t

Another day, another overclock. It would seem as if I was limited by my FSB speed and nothing more. I'd probably be able to go beyond 450MHz, but that would most likely require overvolting the northbridge any more than I'd care to.

In any case, been playing around with the settings over the past weekend, and here are the results...

430 x 9 @ 1.5125v - 3870MHz

core2quad3870mhzzi9.th.jpg

Highest load temperature I've seen was 72C, however, I suspect that was due to the heat being on. Once I turned it off (there wasn't any reason for it to be on the first place) load temperatures hadn't exceeded 63C for Cores 0 and 1, and 58C for Cores 2 and 3.

Idle temperatures at this very moment are 36-38-33-33, not exactly as good as it once was, but for some reason it's not exactly cold outside.

Oh, does anyone else but me notice the irony of my current overclock? :tooth:

Guest r3d c0m3t

Benchmarks.

Aquamark...

aquamark33870mhzzp4.th.jpg

3DMark 2005...

3dmark2005hj6.th.jpg

3DMark 2006...

3dmark2006ly5.th.jpg

Not bad at all if I do say so myself. :)

I'll continue to push forward, let's see what I can achieve by Monday (tomorrow.)

Guest r3d c0m3t

As you can see in my signature I've overclocked the Reaper's well beyond their stock frequencies - 1,033MHz using 2.30v. The problem is I ran Memtest86+ and both sticks went without errors for seven passes (about an hour and forty-five minutes plus), but when I booted into Windows to run Prime95 either core 1, or core 2 would fail testing after fifty minutes or so.

I've tried overvolting the CPU beyond the frequency with which it were stable before the 1033 RAM overclock, which was 1.5125v, now I have 1.525v going to the CPU and 2.3v going to the RAM.

Am I missing something?

Guest r3d c0m3t
I would say 430x9. A 270 increase in cpu speed far outways a 20 increase in mem bandwidth.

Just as I thought, although I was a bit skeptical with the higher FSB speed. In any case I'm working on 3897 (433 x 9) as we speak, and if it proves to be stable I'll post images and then proceed to 3906 (434 x 9), I won't be able to get 4GHz stable until I'm able to cool the northbridge.

Guest r3d c0m3t

I've been pushing for a higher overclock for the past 2-3 weeks, and with that said, here's my recent progress...

I don't remember the exact voltage, but I'll check and correct if needed, after I'm done Primin'.

435 x 9 @ 1.56316v - 3915MHz

q66003915mhzml9.th.jpg

The temperatures are a little high, but it's as expected with the temperature being so unnaturally low for this season. All in all, it looks good and if this is any indication this overclock is....stable. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest r3d c0m3t
nice oc. how did the 907 work for you?

907 was the best revision for me, stable as could be, and unlike the 0905 bug, you can actually flash backward -- should you even want to.

I miss my computer, I want it back. :sad: