DIY-Street changes

Angry_Games

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All sorts of DIY categories is probably what would help the most. As in non-pc. This "cheap is neat" pc thing is fine for users that can't/won't spend the money for top of the line components. But it doesn't result in a large member base or the necessary traffic a self supporting forum needs. WR overclocks and not yet released hardware done by the 1% is what draws the other 99%.

Photography, wood and metal working, electronics and cad drawing are just some of the things that come to mind. And all of these are of use to the computer builder.

What about selling t-shirts? I have a guy that will do silk screening. It would be a way to advertise the site and make money to keep the servers running for a bit.

lol ask dr_bowtie about my feelings on t-shirts ;)

praz is right, we need to get away from the hardcore computer user (though we will always have that as our solid base) and move into areas of other interests to more people.

praz is right, we need to get away from the hardcore computer user (though we will always have that as our solid base) and move into areas of other interests to more people.

Yep....been saying that for a while now....the general census of non elitist...more so the common people who surf the net just looking and lurking...they're already on the net..lets just attract them this way...

These people are all about cheap and neat...so if we give them idea and show them places they can get stuff and they use the linkages maybe...?

Yeah, the more we expand the more opportunities to form bonds with other online retailers like we have with Newegg and SVC. We could have a DIY-Street Wiki, KB or a "how it works" section. Could build up a glossary and maybe even at some point you could have a paid subscription available for an "elite" section where people could ask questions to the best of the best. Maybe I'm going a little to far here but I'm just throwing some stuff out there to think about :tooth: I guess it's not really the spirit of DIY-Street to charge anybody for help.

What about selling t-shirts? I have a guy that will do silk screening. It would be a way to advertise the site and make money to keep the servers running for a bit.

This was going to be my suggestion... :tooth: I'm down to donate a percentage of what is left in my FS thread. The last two items actually went to the mortgage. I understand when you look at your new house and wonder, "Was it really a good idea?". I just made my 13th house payment. :cool:

to help bring in people... there's always people looking for help removing viruses/spyware diy-style..

you could always bring programming into the scene, all of us could work on programs some shareware/etc.

Not trying to pry but why'd you move..? sounds like a lose-lose for higher rent, less money.

to help bring in people... there's always people looking for help removing viruses/spyware diy-style..

you could always bring programming into the scene, all of us could work on programs some shareware/etc.

Not trying to pry but why'd you move..? sounds like a lose-lose for higher rent, less money.

we lived in Boise so she could finish her 4 year degree and then when she was done, she got a job here where we live now back in southern Idaho. Got to go where the jobs is especially for social sciences teachers (they are becoming rare these days and most tend to hold onto their jobs for 30 years lol)

Jebus, a guy leaves town on a business trip and logs in to find this 3 days later.

5 years of free loading off Travis coming to an end.

Some good ideas and I'll do what I can to help.

Just sent $20 via PayPal and hope other members and guests can pitch in while we sort this all out :)