So I bought an Antec 900 to drown my sorrows :D

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great Carl. I had seen a special case built for Sapphire (IIRC) for a show. The guy used all mirrored plexi for it and some blue and while CCFLs. It was a two layer case like the Sunbeam UFO Cube case I reviewed over at TPU. I think they had blue on the bottom and white on the top. Couldn't see anything inside until they turned the lights on for the case.

That molding you used looks kinda thick - you might hit up Bill Owen. Last I checked MNPCTech had some thinner stuff that might work better for you. I actually have several feet of it laying around - if you need some pics or more info on it LMK and I'll hook you up, bud ;)

Finished product looks outstanding, Carl! Great job!

I was lookin' at that pic of the final product and I had a funny thought. Here you are with your case sittin' on your desk, and where's the front USB ports? On the top of the case.

Now both of the cases I use that sit on the floor - where's the front USB ports? On the bottom of the front bezel! Just Murphy's Law, but funny how that turns out!

BTW- You people should check out "U" channel moulding at McMaster-Carr! Last time I bought some there I paid less than $.20/foot as opposed to what Frozen charges. (Bless their lil' hearts, they have an awesome collection of stuff, but their prices tend to be steep!)

Yup, that's an excellent choice t_ski

I really like the "U" channel that MNPCTech sells.

Very pliable and thin.

I used it on the $9.95 Case Mod and it worked great!

sideangleqb3.jpg

sidevd2.jpg

I was around 6 inches short of the "U" channel I have on hand to do the window.

Bill was out of stock but I am very happy with it so far.

You know you start one of these threads and your fellow members start giving you ideas that make sense.

(Catkicker and Blooz1 were nudgin' me to give the AcrylMirror2 a try, so I did)

Still have plenty of tweaking to do (radodrill bustin' my onions) :)

I really appreciate all the input from you guys.

(Catkicker and Blooz1 were nudgin' me to give the AcrylMirror2 a try, so I did)

Still have plenty of tweaking to do (radodrill bustin' my onions) :)

I really appreciate all the input from you guys.

Hehe; and it's Acrylpanel Mirror2 :tooth: LOL

Good work; didn't mean to be bustin' your onions.

I do like the way it turned out and the 2-way mirror is awesome :D

Well, I'm in the same "boat" yer in, soundx - I live in an apartment, so any serious modding is out of the question! So, I guess I have to get my modding urges worked out by watchin' other people in worklogs!

So who gets the $9.95 case now? Or - is that a good reason for another build? HAR!

"Acrylpanel Mirror 2"

Just flows off the tip of your tongue, doesn't it radodrill :D

Heck, I'll dump over $60 with A.C. Ryan just because of their support of your project.

Seem like real nice folks even if their product names are a tad lengthy :)

Blooz, you know someone that would want a used $9.95 G5 rip-off case? :D

Between soundx98 and radodrill casing modding, I’m feeling like I need to drown my sorrows with a new case. My last case mod was two CM Mystics and really didn’t turn out like I imagined, more of an eye sore. Nothing like the work you guys have done.

soundx98 - Very impressed with the sweet looking black Antec 900 case.

Yeah, watching someone else do the mods makes you want to do some yourself. I just love my Lian Li though, and I'm still on the fence about putting in a window on it. I wish Performance PC's would sell a pre-modded window for it so I could just pop that one on and keep my old one for more resale value. :D