DFI SLI-DR/SLI-D/Ultra-D BIOS Mod

+ minor changes in descriptions in PC health section, like NB = North Bridge, german Temperatur = Temperature :), some Auto settings can also be changed, what I recall Dynamic Idle Cycle Counter was disabled when Auto, now it is enabled. I don't know about rest, I don't use Auto anymore. Bios date is changed form Taipan to normal date code. Judging from fast tests, wPrime and SuperPi performance is identical to previous bios.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys.. please be gentle as I have been out of the motherboard modding scene for a bit now..

I recently just purchased an extra 2gb of ram.. the machine wouldn't boot so i cam on here to check if a new bios would fix it.. i updated to this one with the winflash utility and now my machine won't post anymore...

any idea's??? is it a bad flash? can i recover it?? I'm on a DFI ultra-d

Thanks for any help

This board won't boot with 3 sticks.

Try CMOS clear.

In worst case, try hot swap.

Damn man.. thanks so much for them helpful links... i'll come back to let you know how it goes...

So this board won't boot with 3 sticks? What about 4? I was trying with 4 in all sorts of ways with no luck.. this was before the bad flash tho :P

• 2 weeks later...

Does this bios default to 200mhz ram, after a bios reset ????

The official bios (after a bios reset) defaults to "detect ram by speed value" and causes me probs. :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my little review.

I was brave enough to go ahead and try this bios because I have a few spare bios chips pre-flashed with various different firmwares in case of emergency.

I think it is based off the 6-23 bios or 7-04 bios because I got straight back to my old overclock. Which I can't do with any other bioses. I recognize this is a flawed logic and it could be based off anything lol.

The bios menus are all layed out more neatly than the official bioses, and those tweaked by ocz tony. Descriptions of the meanings of TRAS and CAS are now absent in favour of a more streamlined look etc.

Thermal throttling is set to 50%. Drive drive strength is on a scale of 1 to 8 instead of this weak4 normal4 buisness.Voltage increments are labeld in such a way that they show what the actual reading will be ie 1.75 for 1.7v.That's about all I can remember.

Oh, flashed with the included winflash 1.84 followed by a manual CMOS clear. All fine.

I Will run some stability test etc see if I can tighten my timings/improve my overclock with this bios. This will take some time though.

Thanks for the bios Merlin, it really is pretty cool.