DFI SLI-DR/SLI-D/Ultra-D BIOS Mod

Nice opty logan :)

Installed DFI Nforce 4 Taipan 23-11-2007 NVMM 4.062.19 19-06-2006 off the bios CD, again all fine.

I just need to do the 8 hours sp2004 and a run of 3d01 to complete my own OCDB entry with this bios.

Will post this time tommorow.

EDIT: Failed SP2004 lol, had vmem set to high. Will run again tonight.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RohypnoL

This bios is absolutely amazing. It got me from 3000 to 3120 and has been rock solid ever since. This is with the 10/26/07 bios. I'm going to try the 11/23/07 right now and see what happens.

Edit: No go on the 11/23/2007 bios :( Locked up while at the XP boot screen with the same settings as 10/26/07 and pretty quickly at that. Flashed back to 10/26/07 and immediately booted into XP after loading my saved settings from before.

Hmm I can't get back to 2.8Ghz Sp2004 stable with DFI Nforce 4 Taipan 23-11-2007 NVMM 4.062.19 19-06-2006.

Gone back to 704-2bta for now.

Which one are you using exactly rohypnol?

jin2 the merlin bios that I have tried have both set memory to SPD so you will probably continue to have problems.

The 603-2 bios sets 2T by default, maybe this would help?

Right OCDB 3 entry complete using 704-2bta, now to do the same with merlins bios.

Just flashed with the 23/10/2007 bios and i think theres a screw up with it. I noticed my sata ports are reading that my drives are on 1,2 when they are on 3,4 on the mobo. Didnt notice this with any other bios before i tried this one. anyone have the same issue?

@by -=Merlin=-, it would be very helpfull if you could answer a few questions. Did you copy any of these bios's from Neo's RX bios's for the NF4's ? The reason i ask is that i beta tested the RX bios's and your releases in this thread have a very similar naming convention to them. I'm thinking in particular of the ram timing names, and other things that Neo has'nt got round to doing yet (that you hav'nt either). It's just that if you have copied them it would be nice for you to give credit to Neo for it. The RX bios's by the way were released in March 2007.

I feel that it is important that we all remember that English may not be the mother tongue of many of our members.

(In fact, I find it hard to believe that English is the native tongue of either RGone or NEO after reading many of their posts) :D

I can tell you that the proper naming of the SATA ports and updating the bios with the latest SATA controller/NVMM is something that many have thought of or discussed openly.

And I know that sometimes two people get the same idea even without collaboration.

Nerds often think alike :)

Modding a BIOS is just that, modding.

While I certainly respect kitfit1 for making sure that correct credit is given to others for work done, similar nomenclenture may be arrived at by two different individuals.

Lot of modded bioses for the NF2 and NF4, but all of them started with Oscar Wu.

I haven't tried these bioses cause frankly, there just isn't enough info for me to give them a try.

And I know that Merlin (along with many others) has been doing this for a while.

I would assume that when modding a BIOS, the modders often look at other modded bioses to get an idea of what has been done successfully

Since there is NOT a lot of personal gain to be gotten with a modded bios, I feel that these BIOS guru's are simply putting together the best compilation they can using whatever limited resources are available.

I certainly can't believe that anything malicious is going on.

But yes, I do wish that a lot more information (improvements made) was available for ALL bioses.

Many of the DFI "official" bioses had basicall just a 2 sentence "change log".

the DFI Nforce 4 Taipan 23-11-2007 NVMM 4.062.19 19-06-2006 bios seems to have caused a problem with various linux distributions that i have tried.

this is the error that i receive:

acpi: dmi bios year==0 assuming acpi-capable machine

mp-bios bug 8254 timer not connected to io-apic