Week #1 - news, notes, smack

Angry_Games

Well, it's an interesting week.

I see Ace getting his face stomped in by the Buckstitch, but Ace has 3 players left for Monday night while Buck only has 1...but a dang 38 point lead. Ace's bench wouldn't have been much help either, so he doesn't have to live with wondering why he didn't play a bencher instead of a low-performing starter. If Buck had used Brown instead of Benson, the game would have been even more lopsided, denying the Goob any chance to make up ground on Monday night.

Soundx98 was kicking the unholy crap out of NJ Smashers for the entire day, but somehow the Smashers rolled back to within 7, thanks to the Cowboys putting up a huge offensive night along with their opponents, the Giants. Smashers still have 3 players for Monday night, while the soundman has none. Not looking good old-timer, not looking good. If the Smashers had inserted Ronald Curry at WR instead of Eddie Kennison (a goose-egg for Kennison!) the game would already be decided.

Desert Dawgs and Nero's Zeros are in a monster shoot-out. Guns blazing from all sides. This week the Dawgs have the icing on the cake with a 10 point lead and one Monday night reserve. It was interesting watching these two all day! Lucky the Dawgs didn't start Randy Moss, or the blowout would have been severe indeed...the Zeros' RB Faulk was a zero himself, but at least shattered can live knowing he didn't have a bench RB racking up 10+ points while Faulk gave him a goose-egg.

The Quack Attack is 20 points down to the Infektion, but both teams have a single Monday night spare. I don't see the Quack blowing up for 21+ points nor do I see the Infektion getting a fat, wet zero. Possible, but unlikely. This was sorta one-sided most of the day as well, and turned out to be a good shootout with lots of points, but not as close as the Dawgs tried to get to the Zeros.

The worst of it is that the Cabana Boys will now never shut their xxxxing mouths...good lord, a friggin 52 point lead going into Monday night over the Cadaver Makers. The Makers bench look like a bunch of cadavers already so no worries and second guesses as to whether the bench could have hit the defibrillator and come back to life. We'll bring ya flowers this week Cadaver. Maybe get some living humans on that team for next week haha. Cabana...shut up already. You won't win every game in such a slaughteristic fashion.

If there's one dude who is probably kicking himself repeatedly in the gonads, it has to be our frozen friend from the free forests of Yukon. The Troopers bench put up 65 points...9 more than the actual starting team. Now the Bacon has a 17 point lead, and one spare for Monday night. The Troopers have 2 spares, but it's like ice and fire....James is one of the better running backs, but he plays for the Cardinals, and one is never sure if it is the high school football team or the real NFL team that will show up. But, as I said, he plays for the Cardinals, and if there's ever a defense/special teams that might be getting negative points, it would be...the Cardinals, who belong to the Troopers. Thankfully the Cardinals play the 49'ers on Monday night, and last I checked, the 49'ers were pretty stinky as well. This one might be close based on whether James can bash his way through the 49'ers and the Trooper defense can hold those same 49'ers to little or no offense.

The Nannies and the Teachers are fighting it out. Teachers have no spares for Monday, but the Nannies have 2. However, another ice & fire moment. The Cardinals WR that the Nannies own will have a night dependent on how well the Cards' QB can get the ball out....which is usually about 2 touchdowns per entire season. Yes, the Cards really stink that bad. However, the one guy on the team who actually scores regularly is their kicker, and that does not bode well at all for the Teachers. The Cards might get beat by a lot, but you can be sure their kicker will get at least 2 or more field goals (don't even fantasize he'll kick any extra points, that's just too far-fetched). The Nannies might have the game already in hand if the benchers got a little shuffle up to the starters, but one never knows how well one's players will do until the moment arrives. Insurance is the kicker, and while I'm going to marry the Teachers' head coach, my head says the Nannies will abuse another American but won't get deported back to Britain this time.

The worst part for the Teachers was knowing her QB was from Dallas, but her Defense was from NY Giants. What a conundrum...you want your QB to rack up points, but not against your defense!

And finally, we see the Fairies in a low-scoring grudge match against the Fatties. The Fatties kept this one close almost all day, but somehow the Fairies donned the rainbow helmets and pulled out in front by 18. A little precognition by the Fatties would have allowed their bench to make it a little (or a lot!) more even. However, the Fatties have 4 spares for Monday night, while the Fairies only have 2. The equalizer is that the 4 Fatties yet to play are on some awful teams (SF, ARI, CIN). The unknown is Leinart, who was a tremendously talented (smart thinker, not a gun-arm) college QB, but college and the NFL are like DIY-Street and Joe's Pickle Shack forums. Two entirely different universes. However, Leinart only has to play against the 49'ers, which shouldn't be too tough, assuming his team shows up. The Fairies have a 49'er as well, but more importantly a Raven. This could keep the Fairies at the top and give the win, but counting chickens before you scramble them as eggs is never a good idea.

We'll see what happens tomorrow night, and get the update then!

Anger_James

DIY Tribune Reporter

September 10th, 2007

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst of it is that the Cabana Boys will now never shut their xxxxing mouths...good lord, a friggin 52 point lead going into Monday night over the Cadaver Makers. The Makers bench look like a bunch of cadavers already so no worries and second guesses as to whether the bench could have hit the defibrillator and come back to life. We'll bring ya flowers this week Cadaver. Maybe get some living humans on that team for next week haha. Cabana...shut up already. You won't win every game in such a slaughteristic fashion.

It's pretty sad how much I rule.

Fortunately for him he'll bounce back a little bit tonight, I'm sure Vernon Davis will have a good game.

Like it'll matter.:tooth:

On to crushing Infektion and his uber-stacked team....

Ditto, about the cluelessness, but I am not getting anywhere...still clueless.

do you have a team in our league?

Raiderfan I know has a team, so Raider, if you need any explanation or some help, just tell us exactly what you don't understand and we'll help you. You can't be competitive if you can't figure out wtf you are doing, and while we want to smash you repeatedly in games, we don't want someone who is a lay-down because he don't know how to play.

Looks like I'll be the roving sideline reporter this season =/

I didn't pick a team because I don't know anything about... well anything sport related...mhm, I did once go to a Rangers vs Islanders hockey game, but that's about it. I figured why chose a team with zero knowledge, I'd be setting myself up for failure. I would at least have to know some of the players names, I guess.

Man, it was hard watching that Dallas/NY game last night. I felt like a schizo having to cheer for the defense and the quarterback to do well all in one game. Good old Tony Romo came through for me though and I really hate that I had to say that. I loathe the Cowboys!

In the spirit of good sportsmanship though, good game Nannies, I will lose gracefully tonight (with no guys going and only a 4pt. lead it looks like its going to happen) but watch out next week because I will be back with a vengeance.

Guest InFeKtioN

I must say Momma ..... I do believe that you have a great QB in Roma !!!:drool:

Angry ..... Kudos Bro ! Your 1st week notes are very well thought out, and informative. Nicely written and displayed... Quick and to the point ... it didn't bore me at all ... in fact I was looking forward to the next paragraph. I am already looking forward to next weeks notes. lol

Very Nice !