Windows XP SP3 & Windows Vista SP1 Pre-BETA Released

ReelFiles

Is the difference in size due to this being only English? I think the download from MS will be around 588MB. I saw Softpedia had a link up as well, guess it must not be illegal to host. I'll just wait 5 more days to make sure I get the final RTM, or in case MS decides to make a last minute change.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XP SP3 Delayed.. again

See Mack,this is exactly why I 'd rather hold off on stuff like this. This bug wouldn't affect 99% of us, but who else what could have went wrong.

Waiting for something irrelavant to a working full retail version of SP3 is not something i would wait for, especially if the bug has nothing to do with an END-USER.

"Dynamics Retail Management System, an electronic checkout system for small- and mid-sized retailers, and both Windows XP SP3 and Vista SP1."

Note: Customers running Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) are advised to install a hotfix for a Microsoft Dynamics RMS issue prior to installing Windows XP SP3.

Probably not, guess the fix is good enough for them.

Yeah my automatic updates wanted to install it earlier today, I going to give SP3 a wide birth. I don't want to have to reinstall XP again, I have just about got everything back in.

The damn silly thing is, before I do anything drastic I ask myself do I really need to do this and most times I say "not really" and then I go ahead and do it and mess something up lol.

The wife sees me in the early hours with discs everywhere again and says you messed it up again didn't you, and I said no this time it was that bastard bill gates, he hates me, so she rolls the eyes and goes back to bed..... I hate being predictable.

Ah well there is nothing like a fresh PC it was time to do it anyway.

I don't even tell the wife when I screw it up any more. She just shakes her head, shrugs and says ---"What's new", when I do tell her!

I will try SP3 in a month when I get back from my trip. I don't have time to reinstall everything at this point.

Guys, guys.. you both need to get some imaging software. I make an image of a clean install and another one with drivers and apps installed. When I fook sheit up I just re-image the drive, takes less than 10 mins to boot back into my previous config.

I must have gotten lucky so far. I've used XP Service Pack 3 version 3264 (beta) on several builds now and it hasn't given me a lick of trouble. In fact, I doubt I'll even install the official release on my own rig since the version I'm running now has been almost perfect. I get a DCOM error every once in a while in the event viewer, but it hasn't had any impact on the operation or stability of my rig.