Windows XP SP3 & Windows Vista SP1 Pre-BETA Released

ReelFiles

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually had a few bugs upgrading to SP3... i forget exactly what it was (I think games were randomly exiting... and winamp didn't work). Of course I made a stupid decision to down-grade back to SP2 and now disk defragmenter doesn't want to run "MMC cannot open the file C:WINDOWSsystem32dfrg.msc".

I might try the RC2, my SP3 version is old (the installer says 6.2.0029.0) and maybe slipstream it into a X64 cd.

Guest SuppA-SnipA

i got sp1 for vista, the RTM, need to find an hdd, and let me suffer for a few days :(

i've tried the beta sp1 a few months ago, it was alright, i noticed a slight difference, we'll see with the RTM what happens ...

ps - THE F%%KING SP1 IS NOT SLIP STREAMABLE - WTF

Guest SuppA-SnipA

hmm in my vista sp1, it says i have 16 gb of ram in Control Panel > System, ram is oc'ed from 200 to 237mhz, although dxdiag says 2046mb ram, interesting, probably a bug

ide + laptop hdd (4200 rpm) is slow, this is kind of killing the experiment i have (to see if sp1 is any more stable), and i dont plan to infest my main hdd's with Vista crap

UPDATE - i've noticed Vista was more snappier, especially in flip 3d, more testing needed tho

Guest SuppA-SnipA

would a 4200 rpm ide notebook hdd really decrease performance for an os?

or is it barely noticable?

would a 4200 rpm ide notebook hdd really decrease performance for an os?

or is it barely noticable?

I've got a Hitachi Travelstar 80GN 4200 RPM hdd in my notebook and in some instances it feels like it's crawling - large file transfers, photoshop and video/audio editing and encoding you can really tell the difference in hdd rotational speeds.

A hard drive upgrade is on my list of things to do to this notebook when I have the time to swap them out and install a fresh copy of Windows.

Guest SuppA-SnipA

ya i need another hdd, i just dont wana waste space on my other hdd's for vista and leopard, and i need a 8600 GT for my foxconn, so much to get :( lol