Overclockin' General Question?!

I'm assuming that I'm running raid still not sure tho.

This is a little scary, but we all know you are kidding .....:eek2:

This would be a problem.

just go one by one?, or just try to plug them back in each individually and see if any bring up that same error?

Right on, do HD2 first then reboot. I would do the cd's the same way, one at a time.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yulp... Just one thing atta' time. Whatever makes the best sense. I think I'd back off the vdimm maybe just a little bit.(Unless the sticks have winbond IC's on them.) I'd defo get a fan on them.(I'm a big believer in fans on the memory sticks) Which bios did ya' flash to? Tony's 704 and 604 both default to command per' clock disabled?.

So as best as you can tell it's a good flash? Bios flashing is allways nerve wracking for me. Not on my computers though. It's the worst when it someone elses computer and I posted up the instructions.

Bad flash can be very sneaky. And bios corruption can be sneaky too.

@Will I fixed my Ultra-D. (Flashed) Seem ok now. I hope your 3700 will be as easy to fix. My living room computer just died.(I hope I can fix it.) It acts 4leds of dead except that board doesn't have the leds. Fans spin up no processor heat or nuthin'. I'll probably try a hotflash off the lp-b. But I have some other things I'd probably best test first. (Don't really have time for it now)

It is instantly tripping the PSU relay. was playing BF2 and got a reboot . OK so its my one reboot a week lol thing. I go back into BF2 and as soon as i join the game I lost my mouse. Hmmm whats going on . I do a hard reboot and try a different mouse. same thing. So did a hard boot again never ever booted again :sad: Pull everything out of line , tryed a different PCIE nothing. jumped the PSU and worked fine. pulled the 3700 and put in my spare 3200 balm everything back to normal :sad: time for an X2 but what one lol. Dont think i can spring for a 165 @ $102 bummer might have to do another 3700 for $55

:eek2: I lost my 3700 last night :mad: I could only pry its a bad bios :confused:but not likely as the 3200 is working in it OK:sad:

Someone had here had a 3700 for $40 last few days ... can't remember who ... and don't know if that is high or not ... but if they are your favorite. Yours was a dandy, hard to equal.

Someone had here had a 3700 for $40 last few days ... can't remember who ... and don't know if that is high or not ... but if they are your favorite. Yours was a dandy, hard to equal.
Yeah it was a real deal too it came with a NF3-d too for $30 :D But for $55 new ya cant go wrong. But i think its time for a X2. My Birthday next month so maybe i get lucky :D

will as far as i can tell it was a good flash...

*not sure what i can do to really test that statement since i see that bios problems can be extremely hard to find / cure... i have been running prime if that's any consultation*

i installed the 704-2bta bios, and the CPC to be honest i can't recall if it was enabled or disabled when i was changing the defaults...

the date on the bios has changed in cpuz & balaric advisor from what it says in my sig ""04/06/2006"" to ""07/06/2005""

so i assume and hope that the later IS the 704's date... however i have my doubts now.

about the vdim, i'll post up a pic of inside my rig... i have 4 fans right around the ram, not really blowing DIRECTLY on the ram, but fairly close..

My Wire-Crazy Rig lol

let me know wat you think... and any suggestions are obviously welcomed.

i'm going to be going out of town (To NY actually for a concert and to visit family, so won't be back until late Monday evening)... however i'll see what you post when i get back and take things one step at a time :D

well I'm with you . As long as Ive been doing this i have no idea what there talking about. a bad flash to me is it went all wrong and now i got to hot flash it :D if she running and priming and says 704 then looks to me as all went well :D Some time these guys scare the hell outta people :D Maybe i should knock on wood but Ive never had one go bad. As long as your set to stock and its stable enough to pass memtest its good to go with a flash in my book

@Will you mean you've never corupted a bios to the point where the mechine still booted. But basically needs a reflash to run right. I did worse that not long ago. I had reflashed and was trying to clear the cmos in the dark in a cramped space.Couldn't see and could barely get my hand in there. I managed to turn the bios speaker off and after 15mins I turned it back on. Then I loaded optimised saved restarted and what a mess. I pretty much knew what I'd done. As soon as I saw the first bsod.

Then the otherday I lost the keyboard. Then I started getting all kinds of other weirdness. IRQ_LESS THAN_EQUIL It didn't take me too long to get the picture in that ordeal. Reflashed its okay now.The oddest part about this ievent s it was running really really nice. No doubt better than ever 307x10 passed everything upto and including S&M. No warnings or anything. I might have a weak cmos battery. Probably a real good idea for me to replace it.

nope never

Maybe you should get out there an race! Good ol' superpi's. Tryin' to set Ed back is usually good for a reflash.(Sometimes 2#) But level-headed overclocking will save grey hairs.(Not to mention Installs,boards,cpus,cmos-chips and memory sticks)) But whats a life without adventure? Besides everyone has to upgrade once inna' while. LOL..... :angel:

HaHa that's funny. you trying to jinks me ? I had a bios reset itself to defaults tonight.:eek2: Playing with memory timings. Think I might flash to the 704. It might like these 1 gig sticks better. I did make it to 240MHz @ 2-4-4-8 :D before the bios just reset everything to defaults @ 243 MHz?. Just passing the day away. Wating for tomarrow so i can trade this 165 for a 170. Setting here in the box next to me driving me nuts:shake:

You cant compete in a race with 1 gig sticks :D