Overclockin' General Question?!

I would start adding some vcore 1.325, 1.35, 1.375, 1.4 and test on the way up.

Nice job posting. Do an A64info and post it. We will see what may be under some of the auto settings.

Thanks smyth & i'll try adding some vcore!

And here.... A64-Info As Requested :D

edit:

I tried bumpin up the vcore from 1.3 all the way up to 1.4 (step by step + testing) and every time it failed.

the error is the exact same as the one i previously stated?

could any other factors be contributing to this?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

set your HTT to 3 its running to high to go any farther

TRC -13

TRFC-16

TREF- 3120

DRAM DATA STRENGH-5

DRAM DATA DRIVE STENGH- L2

MAS ASYNC-8

READ PRE -5

MEMORY VOLTS TO 2.8

cpu to 1450x 104% = 1.49

should take you to 280x10

set your HTT to 3 its running to high to go any farther

TRC -13

TRFC-16

TREF- 3120

DRAM DATA STRENGH-5

DRAM DATA DRIVE STENGH- L2

MAS ASYNC-8

READ PRE -5

MEMORY VOLTS TO 2.8

cpu to 1450x 104%

should take you to 280x10

Wil has good ideas and you can try them but I would move more slowly on vcore instead of taking a big jump. Gradually work your way up with volts. Your auto on HTT may change on its own but x3 is a good idea. It is 4 now and 250 x 4 = 1000 and over 1000 usually doesn't do well.

whats the part Nun On them sticks including vers Nun. And all four sticks say the same ? Look in CPU-z under spd and look to see if they all are the same spd. What vcore are you using ?

set you idle cycle limit to auto or 256 lol 8 :D

well there SPD the same that a plus lol It is a good idea to make sure that the model Nun and ver Nun are the very same with corsair. Any one stick with a different Ver Nun will say ummm different chip lol Not good.

And spd says 3-3-3-8 but 2,5 should work OK. Put you ram divider down one to take the memory out of the picture and see if the cpu can pass OccT at max

You should also just use 2 sticks of ram till you find your max OC. Then you can work on 4 sticks

Download OccT and use it for first test as its a hard test and its only 30 min long :D

I don't do stock Volts on anything so maybe someone here that babies there CPU at under volt will come along and help you out.

them timings i gave you were for 2x1 gig sticks and i see you got 4 x 512 So until you post your ram model and ver Nun so we can find out what chips we are working with its just a crap shoot.

All my paper work starts at 2700 and goes up. I don't know how to play with anything under 270 HTT :D

Ive never booted a PC in my house under 270 HTT ever. Ii dont know how.

It takes me months to upgrade one thing. By the time i get it. Its been OCed in my head so many time that it boots the first time lol

@robbay111, have a look at my secondary timings in my OCDB link in my sig. Although we arn't running the same ram, we are both running 4x512. I think you may find my secondary's could help out a bit.

You should also just use 2 sticks of ram till you find your max OC. Then you can work on 4 sticks.

So until you post your ram model and ver Nun so we can find out what chips we are working with.

Two of the sticks are:

CMX512-3200C2PRO

XMS3202v5.2

0531123-1

The second two sticks are:

CMX512-3200C2PRO

XMS3202v5.3

0623193-0

orange or yellow if using only 2 sticks?

Although we arn't running the same ram, we are both running 4x512. I think you may find my secondary's could help out a bit.

thanks for the suggestion! i'll try those timings and if i'm still not-stable i'll drop down to two sticks.

cheers

orange

CMX512-3200C2PRO XMS3202 v5.2 0531123-1 = PROMOS 32Mx8 0.12u ETT

CMX512-3200C2PRO XMS3202 v5.3 0623193-0 = PROMOS 32Mx8 0.12u ETT

WoW really your lucky day :D that's strange with corsair lol

Not one of the chips we like to see but what the hell your going to be on a divider anyways So as long as we keep them around 220MHz lol (I'm hoping here) we be OK

Ok looks like OCZ used them chips too

EL DDR PC3700 Gold Edition rev2 .

EL DDR PC3200 Platinum Edition

now look in the OCDB for that. all be back 30 mins

well that good news now were getting some were lol but when running OccT set it to max . In the yellow square. priority's. you can run just memory or CPU or Both. I use S&M for testing memory.

but if you can pass Occt (on max) and run all the test 01se, 03 (the hard one ) 05 and 06 then you be for a good run with orthos for 8 hours