Overclockin' General Question?!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright i tried that and its bunk as skunk!

so i hooked it up to my central house computer and she booted up fine.

i called a friend of mine who actually purchased a psu to fix his moms computer but then didn't need it anymore. I remembered him saying that he couldn't return it either becuase he lost the receipt.

so i drive down to his place picked it up, tossed em' 30 bucks (becuase i'm such a steller guy) & just finished installing it.

It's a Nspire ISO-500D 450W power supply, and i'm not sure how solid it is. From what i gather, it's not the greatest since it was only 39 bucks, but it'll hold me over until my replacement comes in (still have warranty on the Enermax)

do you guys think that i should scale back my rig to stock speeds from the stable 2700 that i'm at now ? or will it survive for 3 or 4 weeks ?

Guest MadDias

bunk as skunk.. LOL ;)

funny that they still produce psu´s with that 110/230 switch.

u should check the stability of ur oc with the new psu again and also check the voltages during stability testing (orthos and 3dmarks for heavy load).

if the voltages are fine during testing it should at least last u till ur enermax replacement arrives.

thanks man, i think i'm kinda leaning towards just getting one of the psu's on the dfi 'accepted page' either the 620-Corsair or 600-GameXStream.

However having a spare couldn't hurt for instances like this.

what's another bill 50 right? lol