Ballistix PC4000 Settings

I've had trouble with these since I've had them, and I was wondering if anyone knew some good bios settings for them.

See my sig for more info on them.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had trouble with these since I've had them, and I was wondering if anyone knew some good bios settings for them.

See my sig for more info on them.

First off, are these the 16.TD sticks or the TD1 sticks?

I'm not sure which I'm going to get, I know the 16TDs crap out a lot faster, so hopefully they're giving the revised ones, Will it work with my SLI-DR if I do get the TDs? Also is the 4/25 BIOS what I should be using?

Would I need to install a new heatsink since it's being overclocked quite a bit?

Any stable non overclock settings?

I'm not sure which I'm going to get, I know the 16TDs crap out a lot faster, so hopefully they're giving the revised ones, Will it work with my SLI-DR if I do get the TDs? Also is the 4/25 BIOS what I should be using?

Would I need to install a new heatsink since it's being overclocked quite a bit?

Any stable non overclock settings?

1) You'll probably receive the TD1's as the TD's are no longer in production

2) Yes, any DDR (184-pin) piece of memory will work in your SLI-DR board

3) I doubt the SLI-DR has a 4/25 BIOS as we have different boards.. I wouldn't update the BIOS unless there is a need to.

4) There are already heatspreaders on the Ballistix, just place a fan over them or something. Or, if you were referring to your 3700, sure, but without knowing what you're currently using I can't say much.

1) You'll probably receive the TD1's as the TD's are no longer in production

2) Yes, any DDR (184-pin) piece of memory will work in your SLI-DR board

3) I doubt the SLI-DR has a 4/25 BIOS as we have different boards.. I wouldn't update the BIOS unless there is a need to.

4) There are already heatspreaders on the Ballistix, just place a fan over them or something. Or, if you were referring to your 3700, sure, but without knowing what you're currently using I can't say much.

2) I acually meant would the setttings work even with a different board.

4) I was refering to the 3700, I currently have just a stock one.

2) I acually meant would the setttings work even with a different board.

4) I was refering to the 3700, I currently have just a stock one.

2) They could, but I wouldn't say that it would definitely work.

4) Yeah, even a $20 Freezer Pro 64 would do way better than the stock HSF.

This is some of the best memory I have ever used. It OC's well above rated spec. Try giving it more voltage. I read a review where they used 3.1v to max it out. I don't really understand what the majority of the settings in the BIOS do, but I'm using [email protected] on an Asus board with amazing results. I also have a CoolIt Ram Fan attached to it.

You don't want to give this RAM more than 2.8v, it does not respond well to voltage increases. Just like cpus, some RAM sticks clock better than others.

Anything over it's rated DDR 500 speed is gravy.