Ballistix PC4000 Settings

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't want to give this RAM more than 2.8v, it does not respond well to voltage increases. Just like cpus, some RAM sticks clock better than others.

Anything over it's rated DDR 500 speed is gravy.

Here's a couple of reviews, the 1st uses a DFI board:

http://insanetek.com/content/view/151/27/1/2/

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=3526

puzzled, nice reviews besides one of them is 2 x 512 and clocks differently than a 2GB set.

If you want to burn up your RAM you want to use the 3.1v.

I was able to get up to 285mhz with 2.6v.

My expeience with these sticks shows the extra voltage is not worth the minimal gains and you WILL burn them up running that high.

Shortly after then it's on to the Ballistix thread to bash how poor these sticks are.;)

puzzled, nice reviews besides one of them is 2 x 512 and clocks differently than a 2GB set.

If you want to burn up your RAM you want to use the 3.1v.

I was able to get up to 285mhz with 2.6v.

My expeience with these sticks shows the extra voltage is not worth the minimal gains and you WILL burn them up running that high.

Shortly after then it's on to the Ballistix thread to bash how poor these sticks are.;)

The set I have is the 2x1Gb. I've got it running 325MHz @ 2.8v, which is well over the rated speed. I have had much more success with these than with the highly touted OCZ PC4800 DDR.

Having trouble OCing. Your BIOS is too different from the SLI-DR one.

Is there any other way I can OC this without learning how to OC myself?

Well, you can't really overclock without learning how to first. Post your BIOS settings and then maybe we can help. You can find a template in the OCDB section.