Ballistix PC4000 Settings

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished the testing today. My final with the Ballistix DDR500 was DDR536 @ 2.5-3-3-6-1t-3.2v. Loosening the timings lost performnce. Going past DDR536 also lost performance. It's a slight increase over the G.Skill @ DDR522. At $109 for 2x1GB, the G.Skill is a bargain.

puzzled, I don't remember, but do you have the TD or TD1 sticks? 325MHz seems awfully high for a set of 5B-F.

Being new to this I think I used the wrong terminology. My HTT was 327. I used a 333 divider. My memory speed is 268 or DDR536.

Does .16TF2Y look right?

I'm a little late but I thought I would add to this, it seems like Crucial has been shipping TF2Y's since at least January. My previous set that I got from RMA at that time were TF2Y's, as are the new ones that I have listed in my FS thread. I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but they seemed to clock exactly the same as my TD/TD1 sets (~DDR530 max, 3-3-3-8).

I'm in the middle of another experiment. I switched the F1's over to an Asus A8N-SLI, the non-32X version. It will only do DDR470 @ 1:1. I'm going to try the 333 divider next. This is a Linux box with an AMD X2 3800+.