S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

uneedav8

Guest element

Finished on medium both C endings. Was an excellent romp. Defiantly my favorite game in the last 18 months. Very wroth while doing the freedom chapter. You get A huge stash of 9mm for the Tunder.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh lovely

no problem really, as I just dumped dual X1900XT's in Crossfire for a single 8800GTS 320MB...**** YOU ATI AND YOUR CROSSFIRE bull crap!

Woah, what's with the anti ATI action we got going on here?

Not got the performance they promised?

Woah, what's with the anti ATI action we got going on here?

Not got the performance they promised?

google or read around the forums and you'll see that Crossfire is still very immature compared to SLI...not worth the money at all (I'd go SLI over Crossfire in an instant).

I love ATI and my X1900XT cards (and my X850XTPE, my 9700Pro, my 9800 Pro, my 9500NP, my X800 Pro), but putting two of them together is a massive headache, not to mention a massive bloatware of .NET + CCC + drivers etc.

with SLI I just install the drivers and I'm off to play games and all the games work properly.

• 3 weeks later...

A new patch has been released!

Quotes :

“Saved games from 1.0003 version will work with 1.0004 version.

Optimization:

1. Calculating detailed objects was moved to the second CPU stream.

2. Engine optimization, which resulted in FPS 10-15% gain.

3. Shaders optimization.

[“Shacknews - S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl 1.004 Patch Released”, Goldstein,Maarten, http://: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/48590, [ON-LINE]: 08/23/2007]”

I am in the third iteration now.

At this time, I decided to bring as many amos and med-kits as possible to Pripyat. After I spent one month in collecting them, now I got…

Amos:

amoztl9.th.jpg

Med-Kits:

banzlt0.th.jpg

medzho2.th.jpg

Weapons & armor:

wpzst0.th.jpg

Un-used weapons:

• GP37 (2)
  • Tunder SI4 (2)
  • Vintar BC (1)
  • SVVmk2 (1)

Used weapons:

• GP 37 (1)
  • Tunder SI4 (1)

Un-used amor:

• Exoskeleton suit (1)

Used armor:

• Exoskeleton suit (1): I used this armor to carry booty to the traders. The max. weight that the armor supports is 80 kg.

Money:

myzeq2.th.jpg

680702 RU. I am thinking if I should buy Exoskeleton suits…

Ranking (,or just how many I killed…)"

rankzww4.th.jpg

I think that I am ready for Pripyat now.

Before I take off, I like to wipe out the freedom solders in the warehouse area. Has anyone tried this?

You really getting down on this game! I mean I loved it and played every ending through etc. but you are taking it all the way! You getting you moneys worth out of it! He He! Keep going raiwood. Good to see gamers like you are still out there!

Guest Headwound

Ok, Patch 1.00004 came out recently and I just installed it.

Here are the patch notes

-= 1.0004 =-

Saved games.

Saved games from 1.0003 version will work with 1.0004 version.

Connectivity.

Connecting to the server will be possible only if the host's version of the game is the same as yours.

Patch 1.0004 changes and fixes:

Optimization:

1. Calculating detailed objects was moved to the second CPU stream.

2. Engine optimization, which resulted in FPS 10-15% gain.

3. Shaders optimization.

MP features:

1. Implemented the standalone dedicated server.

2. Retail version now works correctly with the standalone dedicated server.

3. Added remote control for the dedicated server.

4. Max ping disconnect option implemented.

5. Self-correcting network packets wrapper was implemented. This resulted in better ping values and traffic reduction by 50-100%.

6. Artifacts counter is not shown in the statistics.

7. Checking available maps without disconnecting the current game is now possible.

8. The list of the players is not dropped to the beginning upon the attempt to scroll it. Now it became easier to put the players on ban voting.

9. Fixed some bugs with defining the cause of death.

10. The exploded grenade does not continue lying on the ground after the detonation.

11. Fixed the artifact activation and the spawned anomalous zone functioning algorithm.

MP crash fix:

Fixed all known crashes.

SP fixes:

1. Fixed the bug with shooting from the grenade launcher. The grenade is fired with the first shot now.

2. Fixed the disappearing weapons when crouching for a long time.

3. Fixed the game crash on Pripyat location, when the player approached any of the monolithians' camps.

4. Fixed Voronin's tasks to eliminate the bandit Poker.

5. Fixed the random quests at the Wild Territory.

6. Fixed the random task to destroy the bandits' camp at the Cordon.

7. Fixed the random Barkeep's task to clear the snorks lair at the Dark Valley.

8. Fixed the bug with the automatic task to defend the camp when switching location or saving/loading the game.

9. Fixed the random quest to destroy the mutants lair when pseudo dogs are nearby.

10. Fixed the task to destroy the mutants lair.

11. Fixed the random tasks with the raids of characters' camps.

12. Fixed the choice of goods at Barkeep and Petrenko after completing the random tasks.

13. The wounded do not run away from the grenade now.

14. The zombies at Yantar do not run from the grenade now.

15. Fixed the crash caused by the patrol route at Yantar.

16. Fixed the crash caused by the patrol route at Agroprom Research Institute.

17. Fixed the task with getting rid of the Duty group in the village at the Military Warehouses level.

18. Fixed the bug with repeating the scene of the Duty group ambush at the beginning of the Military Warehouses level.

19. Fixed the bug with camera fly-through on the stadium at Pripyat.

20. Fixed the bug with Bes character, when the latter couldn't be healed.

note 10-15% FPS Gain

It's XP

This might not help you very much, but were you running the game saved before the new patch was applied when the crash occurred? Was the previously saved games ran in the same graphic / sound settings before the new patch was applied? (, though the saved games are supposed to work with the new patch, according to the patch’s release notes…).

I just liked to know if you have noticed some patterns when the crash occurs. I think that you have already tries this, try a new game and see if you can reproduce the problem.

• 4 months later...

I'm finally playing Stalker, Rainwood. It 1st i didn't like it. Very different than other games I've plead. Whole 'nother world. I kinda sucked at first, but now it's getting better as i learn more about the game. Now I'm starting to like it. I got the latest patch 1005 too.

One thing though..i mildly oc'd my card, and got artifacts all over, then reverted back to stock and runs perfect. Everything looks great and very smooth gameplay.