S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

uneedav8

I

I got to say, after getting a Gauss rifle late in the game, they really aren't that useful, and ammo is a classy lady to find. I much prefer my VLA rifle. God I love that thing...

My two favorite guns are the Gauss gun and the FT200m. Those are the only two guns I use throughout the Chernobyl level. The Gauss gun is the most accurate gun in the game. Unlike most other guns it always shoots right where you aim it. I have never found one before entering the building after the blowout countdown on the Chernobyl level. Once I'm inside the building and move to the next level where the voice starts talking to me. I use a sniper rifle to take out the first guy I encounter at the end of the long corridor who's shooting at me with a Gauss gun. Then I take his Gauss gun and ammo and drop my sniper rifle. I find the Gauss gun useful when you get to the area right after using the decoder to get through the door. There is a time on that level when I use the Gauss gun to shoot at guys clear at the far end of those long corridors. There's about four or five guys using Gauss guns who leave plenty of ammo behind. It makes a great substitute for a sniper rifle.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to say, after getting a Gauss rifle late in the game, they really aren't that useful, and ammo is a classy lady to find. I much prefer my VLA rifle. God I love that thing...

My two favorite guns are the Gauss gun and the FT200m. Those are the only two guns I use throughout the Chernobyl level. The Gauss gun is the most accurate gun in the game. Unlike most other guns it always shoots right where you aim it. I have never found one before entering the building after the blowout countdown on the Chernobyl level. Once I'm inside the building and move to the next level where the voice starts talking to me. I use a sniper rifle to take out the first guy I encounter at the end of the long corridor who's shooting at me with a Gauss gun. Then I take his Gauss gun and ammo and drop my sniper rifle. I find the Gauss gun useful when you get to the area right after using the decoder to get through the door. There is a time on that level when I use the Gauss gun to shoot at guys clear at the far end of those long corridors. There's about four or five guys using Gauss guns who leave plenty of ammo behind. It makes a great substitute for a sniper rifle.

One of my favorite things to do is after getting in and turning off the brain scorcher I save the game and try to get out without getting killed. No saves of any kind. There's lots of surprises trying to get out of there.

g36? or gp-37? In game if you just stand in front of a wall with any of the automatic weapons and line the cross hairs up with a mark on the wall somewhere for a reference point and fire one round at a time you'll see how far off the mark they hit. FT is a lot like the gp-37 only packs more power.