how are your socket A rigs?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was having some trouble with my LP-B for awhile there. (random restarts.) Not too bad until recently though. Bios flash,clean install,new sata cables seems OK now. Haven't really started clocking er' back up there yet though. 220X10 @ 1.525vcore. ATM. Well we'll see I guess...

• 9 months later...

Hey guys, I have just built a system around my LP-B Ultra and will eventually be using phase to cool the cpu. In time I hope to add water cooling for the gpu and NB. I have fully sinked the board using microcool heatsinks and my plan is to test and see what this board can do beginning with air cooling and a Thermalright SP-97/92mm Tornado with a Thermalright NB-1 and a Zalman VF-700 Cu on a Geforce 6800 Ultra. My biggest problem is finding the time to do it all especially as I'm also on with an upgrade to my existing rig (in my sig) to a NF4 DFI Expert/Opteron platform.

There's plenty of life left in the NFII LP-B's, all it takes is an enthusiast and mutual support from a forum such as this. :)

Watch this space.....

Thats a good idea ^^ , I will take a picture of my ghetto rig as it is set up in the garage. Its mid-April and still feels like a freezer in there, a great help with the air cooling. :cool:

Just got to mount the SP-97 first then I'll get snapping.

Not as ghetto as it looks; it's got a gig or RAM, a few 250GB IDE drives and an Athlon 1700, which works fine for what I need it to do, I only remote desktop to it and leave µtorrent running 24/7.

Gustie wow same proc and I think bios as mine,Can't remember if its #3.

The twinmos PC3700 can get your fsb up and over 250.mine maxed at 266 unstable.265 stable but too much voltage for my blood.250 at 1.95-2.1 vdimm

depending on if the mobile was running at 2500 or 2650.2x256 can run forever at 1t command but the 2x512 needs 2t command rate.Just looked it up Hellfires turbo 6-19 on Tmods CD

Hey ReelFiles, allow me to clear up a little misunderstanding if I may - simply that I was not referring to your machine when I mentioned "ghetto rig" in my post - your rig is far from ghetto! It's my rig that I was referring to.

Anyway, thats by the by. I tried mounting the SP-97 to the LP-B Ultra using the neo backplate and it simply wasn't having it! Firstly, the northbridge NB-1 cooler was obstructing it and more importantly there are several 25mm high capacitors which prevent a proper and safe mounting of the SP-97. I dare say that it would be possible to mount it however you would have to bend all capacitors at least 30 degrees away from the cooler to achieve this. It's something I was not prepared to attempt. So I came up with a temporary solution and fixed a stock AMD cooler to the cpu. This will give me a little time to fix up my phase change insulation.

So, pics will soon follow....

Here are some pics showing the board fully micro-cool sinked and my garage ghetto rig set up:

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm9/Wel.../sinkedmobo.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm9/Wel...hettorig2-1.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm9/Wel...a/ghettorig.jpg