how are your socket A rigs?

skinnie my proc is 4 or 5 year old. Most of the time it was @ 2400 but now i'll running BOINC with Rossetta so I think I dont need prime... will try to lower the Vcore a little after a week or so...

Will try it... but think the problem is other - it's @ 1.8 on even 2525 with ease but when i lower the FSB with 2 mhz - 2500 mhz its ok.. The problem is in these 25 mhz on the CPU...

Will try to buy some other Panaflo 92s and will place weak peltie under the sink just to try what will acomplish... ;) :mad: :P

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think my dfi has big vcore drops...but in the case of the new proc..burn in is the question...mine in the beggining needed 1.9v..and now about 1.725..

[[]]

how did you burn in yours? and for how long?

can you give me ur Alphas and ur SR and DSs of the mems?

i kinda getting some blue screen with this new processor in 3d games...

I still have mine - it's been moved to server duty which exposed a weakness in the SATARaid rebuild driver / Windows OS / FSB or god knows where the problem is. It runs great unless the Mirror needs to be rebuilt. Then the system crashes and reboots until you slow the rebuild rate down significantly.

I'm also unpleased with this constant vcore drops in my DFI what did you do to solve this problem?

The only Vcore drops i've seen is when Primeing, and even then only 0.01v to 0.02v. What sort of drop are you getting?

• 2 weeks later...

Thee ol' LP-B is still running OK. I gotta' pull er' apart and see what the problem is running @toaster speeds. But she's doing server duty now.(242X10 24/7 Well enough) I think maybe a cap. But I'd have to shut er' off to check.. LOL

Sidenote Edit: The ol' A7N8X-E XP3000 in the living room still runs well enough. 220X10.5 stock volts not exactly a monster but it's still a very useful computer.

What does Vista do that XP doesn't? Dell computers went back to making XP availible on newer mechines because many informed buyers are mostly eschewing Vista. (DRM's-privacy-adinfinitem)

it's a pity most of socket A systems are now server systems =( but @least they are running and some overclocked :P mine is priming @245x10.5 now :P

They make very good servers as it happens skinnie. But in computing things allways move on. At least the NF2's are still giving good service(i know mine is). Better than selling it :nod:

They make very good servers as it happens skinnie. But in computing things allways move on. At least the NF2's are still giving good service(i know mine is). Better than selling it :nod:

I know I know...definately better than selling it =)

• 2 weeks later...

so any news therampagerado?

Asap I'll begin benchmarking with my system for hwbot =)

New update for my socket A system..a new soundcard..a terratec aureon space 7.1 =) this may be the latest update...in a few time I'll go to the university and time and money will be scarce for computers..

I am now playing with my dad's pc..e6300,p5b,gskill pk,but not the same excitement..pretty dull thing...socket A 4 ever :)

here's a pic of my new thingy:

Terratecboard1.jpg

Still hadnt place the peltie ... but will give it a try this evening..

The condensation is the thing that bothers me... failed to find good silicon to insulate the socket... have only insulation poly-something foam..

But placed the home made wather cooling - radiator from old SSSR car :D, tubing from the local market, home made white wather block + 2 12 AC fans, + wather pump for fontains... cool.. but not very efective only 41 Cs under full load with BoinC and around 46-7 C with S&M....

And i cant get it stable at 2530 x10x 253 - .... hangs up... have a vsense vdrop and vcore mods - trying 1.85 at bios but - it's the mobo problem with >1.85 Vs i think...