Has anyone RMA'd g.skill RAM?

I want to buy a used set, but am afraid that without the oirignal invoice would not be covered under the lifetime warranty. Is the lifetime warranty transferrable? Has anyone done the RMA process without the original invoice?

Hi

I had to recently RMA a set of G. Skill Ram

I contacted G.SKILL and advised them I had a problem and they e-mailed me asking me to do so memtest tests under windows.

I e-mailed them back with the results and they confirmed that the RAM was faulty, I filled in the appropriate form they e-mailed me and then got a RMA number and sent the RAM off.

A week later I received a replacement, they were excellent in my dealing with them and were fast and efficient and clearly a company I would do business with again. They even offered to send me a set of DDR 2 RAM instead of my DDR set when I mentioned that I was thinking of switching.

A huge thumbs up from me for G.SKill and they will have my business again for sure with customer support like that.

I never had to rma them before but I've had two sets of ddr hz's and just bought the ddr2 hz's. Even though they were more expensive than the OCZ I got them anyways. They're a good company and I wanted to help support them.

Like everyone has mentioned you don't need your original invoice or the packaging. I sent mine in on a Monday and had the new ones on Thursday of course I only live about 60 miles form thier service. Great company no RMa issues.

It's not just gskill. People RMA all kinds of stuff everyday. It just happens. A great company with a great reputation can send out ram dead on arrival, and most big companies will replace them no problem. Depends on the company.

Obviously, from reading the above posts gskill is good. OCZ has awesome customer service. Mistakes often do happen, but it's how a company deals with you that is important. Some just don't want to be held accountable, while others will bend over backward for you. Read reviews about anything you buy before you buy it.

See how they treat their customers if they have a problem. Doing a little homework can save you a lot of headaches in the long run. :)