So Ya Think You Want to Go to Vista Huh???

ViperJohn

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already reposted elsewhere by yours truly. That is true total and utter bull crap. I will never dabble in that OS for as long as humanly possible.

Ahw I didn't see it. I've had all the Beta's, Alpha's and Release Candidates, from day one on and the only thing MS did wrong was the name. It should have been called Shitsta as in "Piece of"...no make that slow "Piece of" lol. It's about as user friendly (at least power user anyway) as a mound of pissed off fire ants.

The claims that it will be a more secure OS than XP is hopefully true but at least XP's security wasn't busted by the hacks before it went on sale lol. Once Vista hits the desktops in earnest and enough people are using it so the hackers can get their jollies they will be cracking it faster the MS can patch it just like they do with XP now.

About the only reason to use it will be when DX10 is a "must have" and that is going to be a good couple of years unless a game maker wants to commit suicide.

Viper

I wouldnt read too much into this.... they are smart enough not to shoot themselves in the foot...

If people start having mass problem with the software IE: driver problems and OS lockouts then people will simply not use it... sales will drop and refunds will be high...thats just stupid for bussiness...

remeber back when we were all using 98se and XP was coming.... we all said the same thing about XP... to this day some are still using 2000/2000pro for that same reason.... they are just missing out...

If MS is smart enough or not time will tell. The main reason for developing a new operating system is still to generate more money and keep up the interest for its products on the market. Just like any other business.

Smartness might get duller since MS is in a unique position. I don't know of any other company enjoying such a monopoly as MS. In all other fields of business quality and creativity suffer when being in a position of total control.

MS deal with Novell shows how concerned they are about protecting their outdated stone-age idea about intellectual property. The whole reasoning if implemented in other areas of business would be like Ford claiming that every other manufacturer is stealing their intellectual property because they also produce a product with four wheels attached to a box including a engine.

I use XP and won't be jumping on the barricades to express any hatred against MS, because I don't have such hatred. I just hope that the whole issue about Vista will help other alternatives to get a bigger share of the market. I also hope that there comes a time when these stupidities about "intellectual property" actually can be tested in court; as it is now no-one has the money resources to pull off such a case against MS in the US. MS doesn't really respect the judicial system here in Europe, so it has to be solved on their own ground.

Will it happen? I'm not sure... this whole story about Novell selling out makes me a bit sad.

A more important question though:

- is such a switch made because of us being able to select the best possible product on a free and open market?

It sounds like you really enjoy seeing MS operating systems being our times LADA:s, though no made in the USSR. Would it be so fun for us if the only manufacturer of motherboards would be ASUS or what ever else?