Very odd occurance on the 975X/G

Thraxz

Okay, I've been fiddling with the board a while now and it's been pretty simple stuff.

I only have my E6600 to 3.0Ghz on stock voltage that primes. The temps are too high for me to push further.... I also don't really see the point besides the e-penis. I'll just wait for my new TDX block for that, no hurry.

However, I booted up my computer yesterday to a big fat "PAGE NOT FOUND" error in firefox. WTF?

So I proceed to note that my LAN connection is gone without a trace. I reinstalled chipset/network drivers from the DFI CD... still nothing. I check the wiring and even used a different ethernet cable/router slot. No dice. (When the LAN is plugged in, the little light in back lights up green) It's as if the LAN controller is completely gone and doesn't exist. I reinstalled windows... no LAN. Cleared BIOS... no LAN.

Is there anything I'm missing? I'm starting to think RMA.

is windows telling u your connection is broken... or is nothing there?

Does an ipconfig int he command line yield anything?

Check out the first post.

So I proceed to note that my LAN connection is gone without a trace.

i.e. it doesn't show up in the network connections page; so it wouldn't even show with an ipconfig.

@Thraxz,

Is the ethernet controller also missing from the device manager?

What bios you on Thraxz? 9/13 or the later 11/15? Whichever, I think I would reflash the bios from floppy...remove A/C power to power supply or equivalent. Jumper cmos to pins 2/3 and remove battery and short the two opposite poles of battery holder for at least 30 secs...reverse steps... install battery...cmos to pins 1/2 and repower power supply and boot and load optimized defaults first...reboot and then adjust as necessary...retest...fails? Email rma at dfiweb dot com and begin rma process...

EDIT: shett I forgot I have seen a few on net that had no issue "until'' flashing to the 11/15/06 bios...maybe you should retry the 9/13/06 if you are 'not' currently on it...END EDIT.

RGone...:confused:

I've had that issue once, it's when the computer has shutdown somehow and put the lan into sleep mode.

If it's the same issue I had;

Reset the board completely as Rgone said and it should come back, also make sure that when/if you can see the device again in windows that power saving features are turned off for lan in the config in xp..

regards

Raja