cant run at stock FSB

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the XP3000 (13*166) They released the XP3200 (11*200) Then they revamped the XP3000 for (10.5*200)

Memory modules: Samsung TCCD and Winbond BH5 are the IC's to search for Happy hunting they are all getting rare.

TCCD is a memory IC made by Samsung. Featured on some of the best memory modules. Many sticks can do Cas2 T1 up to around 220. And Cas2.5 often well past 250 in nf2. For 250+ voltage of only 2.8 is usually needed. A good pair of these can out proform anything else. Max 3.0-3.1 vdimm Trace width .090nm (They get really hot)

BH-5 These IC's were made by Winbond often good to 250 Cas2 T1. Sometimes needing as little 3.2vdimm to doit. Through use these sticks are reputed to get better as they get older. Highly prized by overclockers. Good pairs of these are really hard to find. .180nm

UTT-CH5 (Untested ch5)Winbond These can sometimes do 250+@cas2 some are good enough to get it at 3.3 vdimm others need more. Expect between 240-250mhz 3.2v 3.3vdimm (3.5v MAX) .130nm (They don't seem to last in nf2)

CH5 These I'd best let others fill you in on. I haven't seen anyone 250 fsb with them but 235 @cas2 no problem. Max voltage 3.1 .130nm

UTT-BH5 For nf4 I've seen peeps get 278fsb @cas2 T1 with 3.6 volts.(XS)

In nf2 these are best avoided. Though I've seen examples of poeple getting 250@T2 with vmods most mortals are lucky to get 200 stable. Max voltage is rated by ocz @3.1 but I've seen em' pushed in nf4 to 3.7. For NF2 avoid them like the plague!! LOL 180nm

here goes...

clay i changed all the settings as you suggested.

wasnt clear on what to change to 3 in memory settings.. so i listed below

T(RAS) = 11

T(RCD-Read)= 4

T(RCD-write)=4

T(RP) =4

T(RP) =2.5

as you can see i can boot but didnt know what to change to 3.

i dropped cpu voltage to 1.650 and it reads 1.64-1.63 fluctuating.

did all the others you said too, cheers :)

now here is my next problem...

got the FSB upto 195 and ran S&M and the system black screened and rebooted on L1 cache test.

previous to that it booted at 197 then rebooted at windows welcome screen then loaded second time around.

198fsb caused system to reboot every time at welcome screen.

maybe the correct 3 setting might help. also yet to change memory ratio on to the 1:1 setting, its on auto still with speed set by SPD.

should that be changed??

many thanks you have all been a great help...

new psu will be bought but any suggestions on a good un thats future proof should i go quad core next year would be nice too..

many thanks

here goes...

clay i changed all the settings as you suggested.

wasnt clear on what to change to 3 in memory settings.. so i listed below

T(RAS) = 11

T(RCD-Read)= 4

T(RCD-write)=4

T(RP) =4

T(RP) =2.5

as you can see i can boot but didnt know what to change to 3.

i dropped cpu voltage to 1.650 and it reads 1.64-1.63 fluctuating.

did all the others you said too, cheers :)

now here is my next problem...

got the FSB upto 195 and ran S&M and the system black screened and rebooted on L1 cache test.

previous to that it booted at 197 then rebooted at windows welcome screen then loaded second time around.

198fsb caused system to reboot every time at welcome screen.

maybe the correct 3 setting might help. also yet to change memory ratio on to the 1:1 setting, its on auto still with speed set by SPD.

should that be changed??

many thanks you have all been a great help...

new psu will be bought but any suggestions on a good un thats future proof should i go quad core next year would be nice too..

many thanks

any ideas further please?

1-1 is generally best. Spd management "should be" setting it for 1-1. any other setting can cause bios corruption.(Those are memory dividers they really don't work well on nf2's)I manually enter mine 1-1...

Recomended powersupplies:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10854

Most of the psu's on this list are good.

Is the 4pin connector plugged in?(I thought so jus' checkin'...)

Failing the L1 test is a sign of either low voltage of a bad processor.(Don't panic yet it could be the psu) Restarts can be "Low Voltage","bad timings","fubar psu".(And sometimes DFI ide cables,(That's not it here though)) S&M is really tuff I wouldn't worry a whole lot about it. Move your sliders in the S&M settings tab to "very quick" on both processor and memory. Then click the set button..

1.65 is default voltage for all newer skt A processors.(Though older 1's want more.) It could be voltage fluxs causing the trouble. Not enough juice.(PSU)

You bought your processor new? Do you know anyone who has a "Known" good powersupply to test on?

cheeers.

ram now set to 1-1 and works ok

s&m now dying on cpu (FPU)

will check out that post for psu's and get one sorted.

im still unclear what settings to set to 3 on the memory timings .. help! lol

PSU and arctic silver is the next step i guess.

for now i guess ill have to drop the fsb to stay stable until i get some ££ together.

do i set the 4,4,4 to 3,3,3? and if tras works ok on 11 is it worth trying 8?

many thanks

tras usually proforms best between 9-11 on nf2s 11 being most stable in most cases.

You might see if she'll boot at 11-3-3-3-2.5-13-15 If not 11-4-4-4-2.5-?-? (I want to say (14-16) Someone may have a better idea.

FPU dying is a bad sign but still that could be psu.

hi all was wondering if this result is any good for my ram listed in my sig

Dual PC3100 DDR 2.5-3-3-9 88.2 ns this is my latency result on everest 2.20

funny thing is my ram is PC3200??

is this latency any good??

Lower latencies are better. The tighter your timings the faster your turn around time on da' mems. Also more mhz's make these numbers go down too. More fsb does too.

As far as what your mems are I've been looking on and off for the past few days and I can find no data on them at all. So even a guess is not possible. Someone might pop in that knows.

Edit: Oh you mean everest sez pc3100? that's just everest rating the current speed of your mems.

At anyrate If the prob isn't the psu or heat or da' mems. Failing the fpu like that at stock voltage isn't exactly a good sign.

Sidenote may have no bearing:

Did you buy your processor new? Or from someone cooling with water? Watercooled-Tec's? Phase? Peeps with really good cooling tend to volt things beyond what might be good.

Why auto would put your core [email protected] is something else that's also kinda' caught my eye.

(Make me wonder) Yer sure it's an XP3200? (Just double checking)

Edit: Have you tried running 1 stick ata' time 200fsb memtest. I've had weak sticks before. That would only go sofar while it's supposed identical mate would go alot further.

Edit2: We've had a coupla' poeple in here with very nearly the exact same problem yer' havin'.

(Except none of them reported auto putting the vcore @1.75) To be honest..As far as I know today they've still stumped the panel. But some XP3200's can do really good in DFI nf2's. But I think to date there is still only 1 XP3200 toaster. ("Mazon")2500+mhz

Edit3: 1 fellow did solve his problem though when his processor failed S&M fpu he swapped processors.(He had a spare) After that all was good. For him anyway. Now weither that's the problem you are having or not. I'm not sure.. Let's just say it caught my eye and I think it maybe possible.

More likely weak mems and psu though.

on with the toaster quest... psu still not installed.... low funds lol

from previous info the bios reported cpu temp was 49degrees C

just installed mbm5 with the NF2 data (thanks to the creator!)

it reports that CPU temp is 35degrees C.

i just got hold of some arctic silver 5 today so thats the next move...

im running a speeze vulturespin II heatsink at the mo but i also have an arctic cooling copper silent 2 kicking around. was wondering if anyone has used this type before and if it would be worth changing it over to acheive lower temps.

i would find a swap out twice a pain in the bottom!

cheers

also ran s&m memory test on my new timings and they passed :) 1:1 @ 194fsb.

Heatsink's? I looked at both the sinks you listed. And I'm really no expert of any kind. But I'd say stick with the 1 with the round solid copper core. AS5 will take a coupla' days to set. Be careful to only use enough.How much you'll need depends on how rough the bottom of the sink is. And don't get any in the processor bridges.(It's mildly capicitive,can cause trouble) Be sure to clean the bottom of the sink and the core of the processor. With q-tip's and rubbing alchol. But 35c is OK for what you are doing right now.(49c is bit too warm)

When you can try to getta really good psu. Think of it as an investment sorta' future proof yourself abit.

I'm certain you'll notice the diff. Even if the problem is something else.

It looks like it's gettin closer. Congrats.