I Need To Raise This

darkerick

what is a good clockk speed for the 9600 pro. I am going to but a iceburg 4 fan for it.

right now

core:

mem clock:

what should I reaise them too.

And Should I increase the AGP frequency?

right now its fixed at 66/33

Raise the speeds in small increments until you start to see artifacts during games or benchmarks, then lower your mem frequency a bit. Raise core until either a game or benchmark freezes during play, then bring down the core a bit.

Too high a core freezes the screen, too high memory will cause artifacts (white dots or other visual glitches).

I usually raise core until something freezes, then back down a tad bit. Then raise memory until crap starts showing on screen, then back that down a bit.

You may get a higher overclock than some, but than also get lower than others. Each card is different as are many other variables that affect it's OC potential. Just tweak until you hit the sweetspot for your card.

yeah, it'll be pretty obvious when you've pushed the card too far. My 9700pro gets texture dropout when I push the ram too hard, and the infamous checkerboarding when I push the core too hard...Can't miss either of those. The "troll's lair" test from 3dmark03 and the "car chase high detail" test from 3dmark01 are exceptionally good at showing artifacts, at least in my experience. You can also get a program called Artifact Tester which will supposedly test for artifacts. But your eyes are the best judge.

Bumping up the agp voltage can help get a higher OC, but your card will run hotter. Just like with your CPU when you OC it, you can give it more juice to crank out more power, but it will run hotter.

It's all about finding the sweet spot on your card.