Corsair RAM Warranty

Polizei

I had my computer running at 3.0GHz (1.35v) on the 800 divider, so my DDR2-675 RAM was at 1005Mhz (2.45v). I was getting corrupt downloads and some programs stopped working, so I decided to downclock my RAM a bit. I dropped it back to the 667 divider and 2.30v. I restarted and it wouldnt POST, it just gave one long beep, stop, another long beep, stop, etc. I checked the manaul - DRAM error. .. I took the stick out that I had in slot 3, ran it with 1 stick in slot 1. No go. Put the stick from slot 3 in slot 1, booted up. Tried putting the sticks in 2 and 4 and it booted up.

I have my RAM in slots 2 and 4, and it only recognizes 1GB.

Everything is at stock now and everything is working fine, as far as I can tell. Should I call Corsair and explain to them what happened? Can I get new RAM if it is damaged or does overclocking void the warranty?

The best thing you can do is contact their RMA service and give it a try. The worst they can do is decline it right?

Just make sure to be honest with them, no one likes to be lied to.

My first set of Geil RAM was burned out by a stupid decision (my fault all the way for letting someone else tweak my rig), and they sent me a new set, all I had to pay was shipping.

Should I call them first and talk to them about it or just RMA it.

Many programs crash as well, even on this "good" stick.

I am having a issue with Corsair on my conroe machine. I called the tech support number at corsair, (the tech's seem easiest to reach in mid-afternoon EST) I explained the problem and was given a reference number, I entered the number with some system info on the Corsair website and had a rma number and written directions within 24 hours. I ups'd the ram to corsair and am waiting.now.

The Corsair staff claim a 24/48 hour turnaround + shipping time to get the REFURBISHED but tested replacement ram after your ram arrives at Corsair.

If they aren't bull crapting me I should have the replacement mid week, with a complete turnaround in a total of 9 days.

Good Luck

:)

I looked closely at the "dead" stick of RAM I had and noticed a black smudge on 3 of the contacts... the plated part that goes into the DIMM slot. I scratched/wiped it off the best I could, stuck it back in, turned my computer on and they worked like a charm. I guess it was corrosion or something from the +.65v above stock.... :angel: :rolleyes:

If they aren't bull crapting me I should have the replacement mid week, with a complete turnaround in a total of 9 days.

Good Luck

:)

We try not to do that, people catch on after a while:) Let us know how the replacement memory works.

Yellowbeard

I looked closely at the "dead" stick of RAM I had and noticed a black smudge on 3 of the contacts... the plated part that goes into the DIMM slot. I scratched/wiped it off the best I could, stuck it back in, turned my computer on and they worked like a charm. I guess it was corrosion or something from the +.65v above stock.... :angel: :rolleyes:

Hey, it's obvious by the title of the thread that you know the Corsair warranty. If I may make a suggestion, I'd put some crazy cooling on those DIMMs if you are going to leave the Vdimm that high. Good speed there but I hope you don't cook them for real. Those Dominator RAM fans are going to be nice, they should be in retail channels any day now.

Let us know how it goes with those DIMMs and happy clocking.

AARRRGGGGHHHH!

i rma'ed mine through my distributor here,

if you go to the forums, they will ask you to test it.

The only downside for me was that i had to wait for 1 month.

I cant wait a month to get these back, Im at college and this is my only computer. :(
Note that he's in Malaysia and you're in the USA, huge difference when it comes to shipping time :)

The Corsair staff claim a 24/48 hour turnaround + shipping time to get the REFURBISHED but tested replacement ram after your ram arrives at Corsair.
Who told you refurb? That's a new one to me.

Hey, it's obvious by the title of the thread that you know the Corsair warranty. If I may make a suggestion, I'd put some crazy cooling on those DIMMs if you are going to leave the Vdimm that high. Good speed there but I hope you don't cook them for real. Those Dominator RAM fans are going to be nice, they should be in retail channels any day now.

Let us know how it goes with those DIMMs and happy clocking.

AARRRGGGGHHHH!

Theyre back at stock now (my whole system is). Is there some cooling you would recommend for these, or should I just have a fan blowing in their direction? I have an 80mm fan I can ad-hoc rig near them if need be. I will probably overclock to 3.2GHz and have the RAM on the 667 divider so about 850-875Mhz on hopefully 2.25 or 2.3v... Im paranoid about going any higher because I cant afford to truly fry these. I might just leave it at 800Mhz or something... I have to think about it.

At the point of making the thread, I didnt know the warranty, I just had a feeling I voided it. I guess I didnt see it on the package anywhere... :confused:

Im very pleased with these sticks... 430MHz above stock (albeit I needed +.65v)... Impressive.

If youve got some RAM you want me to push to the limit (and probably break it)... send it over my way. ;):rolleyes: