Headset purchase time...

Angry_Games

haven't fixated on a mic just yet =/

too busy trying to secure 8800GTX card(s) for testing =/

congrats on the purchase - i was going to show you an hd-555 but honestly was afraid of ur wrath! http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.as...9&enterthread=y

at least you didn't end up with a headset, lol...

by the way gtx(s) - plural!! what are u gonna do with your !old! x1900xt's, drool...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive got X1900XT Crossfires in my main rig and I'm not really all that happy with them, but they do work somewhat

the only SLI i've ever had was 6600GT's which were outdated even the day they hit the shelves =(

I've got a couple 7950GT Leadtek cards right now but waiting on SLI boards (i've pretty much given away all my NF4 SLI boards, and the NF590 SLI is on it's way back from ExRoadie)

Guest edge130

I'm still using my HD420 Sennheiser headphones I bought in 1978 for $65.00!

Also,the pair that I have were made in Germany. (Just like Adidas's used to be)

My son recently purchased a pair for himself.

I think they also offer a decent pair of wireless headphones now.

It's a great brand.

Crud I surely figured you would get an intigrated mic from earler comments or I would have recomend the Grado's. The only problem they have is are not for super long use after 2-3 hrs you need to take a little break though this gets better with time. They are about the only audiophile headfones under 100 USD.

You should like the SENNHEISER it is comfortable with long use and less in your face sound. That Gutar hero game looks like a lot of fun the consoles are getting soooo tempting!

http://www.goodcans.com/

I would definately recommend the Icemat headsets. I have one right now and so far they are amazing!!! Though I don't like how the mic is a clip on but it's fine cuz you can just clip it on the wire or just your shirt. But don't let that bother you!! Icemat is really good!!

Sorry if it has already been recommended but I didn't feel like reading through like 5 pages to see what other people recommended.

ooooook chuckleheads

my Sens arrived today (I just can't call them "cans"...I'm too old and so must ALWAYS refer to them as HEADPHONES lol)

I'm quite impressed with them in the 8 minutes or so I got to try them out on Guitar Hero II (Playstation2 game using optical digital audio to a nice Sony 7.1 HT system)

I did find out the hard way that the little headphone jack on my Logitech 6.1 pc speakers is NOT to be used unless your headphones have an inline volume control lol...

I think I can feel a little blood still pooling in my left ear (I had Mudvayne playing at the time in winamp)

Anyway, gonna try them out tonight a bit more since everyone is asleep...I want to FEEL some weakling (like Chris Chelios or Darian Hatcher) take a stiff check into the boards in NHL 2k7 as well as feel the pounding of the drums and bass and guitar in some more Guitar Hero, as well as a bit of Band of Brothers DVD (via coax digital audio into the same Sony HT system)

I'll keep updating to let you know how much I like them (Sen HD485 headphones)

lol i got to install HL2/steam I think on this rig still (I hate CS btw...I got tired of being informed of 19 different ways I could go %#@$#@ my own mother by an endless number of 14 year old punks)

I'm really down for some Guitar Hero II...I truly hope the Xbox360 version is multiplayer over Live!

I've never heard of 'burn in' on headphones lol

well, I played a few more sets in Guitar Hero, they sound awesome

then I fought my Xbox360 for at least 3 hours last night trying to fix the %@#$@# thing...I'm SOOOOO PISSED OFF AT MICROSOFT AND THEIR STUPID XBOX 360....