DFI-Street Forums Logo Contest!

Angry_Games

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are we going to have to go to a fixed forum width to make this look correct?

I'm kind of put off by the big blank spot on the left when I look at the test forum because I'm @ 1440x900 and it looks...odd

(not the forum logos you guys are creating, just how the logo just...dies in the middle at my page width)

Thought that was where the google add was going to go.

ya Tmod and I discussed that...for the moment it is at the bottom of each page...i was sorta hoping to not have to put the google ad up there in the top nor anyway in the way (which would make it less visible but no one clicks it anyway so no big deal really I suppose)

I thought the speed fire dials were ugly heh.. but tell me what you think...

dfi-street.png

edit: also, toaster:

dfi-street_t.png

im not sure though... something doesn't seem right, maybe if the green bits were yellow or orange instead ?

are we going to have to go to a fixed forum width to make this look correct?

I'm kind of put off by the big blank spot on the left when I look at the test forum because I'm @ 1440x900 and it looks...odd

(not the forum logos you guys are creating, just how the logo just...dies in the middle at my page width)

Fixing the width will make it look correct for you and anyone else that has a 5 acre screen :) , But for the rest of us that would leave a forum where we would have to scroll quite a bit to navigate the forum.

Now there may be a way around this, I will have to look into it when I get home this evening,

Are you interested in just replacing the header background with something other then black?

We could have the background image fade from right to left and that would give a full image for you and a nice fading image for us without the monitor real estate.

Tmod

Ok I see we have a problem here.

I placed this image on the site and the toaster hanging off of the bottom is causing a problem as the image was created to size including the bottom of the toaster.

But when I have to trim it down to fit vertically the toaster gets cut off.

Also if you could blend the left side so it matches better with the background that would be great.

Take a look at it on the site and I am sure you will see what needs work.

See it here.

Thanks for submitting the work!!

Tmod

Crap. I forgot that I resized the pic to post it here, and I didn't think that would affect anything since we were just viewing it. But obviously when you do the "mock up" it doesn't line up. Grrrr....

OK, try it again with this one (not resized):

http://people.consolidated.net/kracinski/t_ski5.jpg

LMK if you still have the problem with the toaster.

Would it be possible for someone that is making these graphics to make one that is 1024 in width & same height and leave the toaster hanging down from the bottom as most of you have it?

I would like to try filling most of the dead space yet leave the fluid design intact.

I only need one of you to try this at the moment.

Please post if you will do this and I will wait for the image.

TIA

Tmod

I thought the speed fire dials were ugly heh.. but tell me what you think...

dfi-street.png

edit: also, toaster:

dfi-street_t.png

im not sure though... something doesn't seem right, maybe if the green bits were yellow or orange instead ?

that toaster and that 'background' image do not go together at all

Would it be possible for someone that is making these graphics to make one that is 1024 in width & same height and leave the toaster hanging down from the bottom as most of you have it?

I would like to try filling most of the dead space yet leave the fluid design intact.

I only need one of you to try this at the moment.

Please post if you will do this and I will wait for the image.

TIA

Tmod

About what time do you expect to be online this evening ?