DFI-Street Forums Logo Contest!

Angry_Games

Heres what I got so far. My appologies to everyone who is even slightly ocd, it is very hard to align 50 little lines in a perfect circle by hand just by eyeballing it ;)

tachfront.jpg

If you havent noticed, one of the lanparties is reflected in the face of the tach.

Btw Tmod, what is your avatar? I thought it was a foxhole radio but just seems too odd

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those lines won't be noticeable once it's shrunk down to size. The current tachometers are only 35x35 pixels. I would actually try to reduce the detail, so that the needle and the "function" of the tach will be easily visible at large resolutions.

Right now it can be hard to distinguish between threads containing old or new posts, but the locked thread is easily visible, if you know what I mean.

forum_old_lock.gif Old locked

forum_old.gif Old

forum_new.gif New

Heres what I got so far. My appologies to everyone who is even slightly ocd, it is very hard to align 50 little lines in a perfect circle by hand just by eyeballing it ;)

tachfront.jpg

If you havent noticed, one of the lanparties is reflected in the face of the tach.

Btw Tmod, what is your avatar? I thought it was a foxhole radio but just seems too odd

I have no idea what my avatar is, I guess it is something that Happy threw together.

He issues the avatars.

Anyway as small as the image is going to be I don't see the line spacing as a critical factor.

Keep them coming.

Tmod

Tachometer looks nice, but does it look a little tacky with it racked up so high? Maybe like 3-4? I like the idea of 5 for the "hot" forums and then 3 for the "regular" and 1/2 for the "dead" ones. Can this be active, so it is able to change by itself?

Have you tried maybe getting it 3D? With the center bulging out slightly? With it a bit more shiny so the reflection stands out a bit more? Like there is a piece of glass over the scale? Is that a motherboard around the frame? Nice, maybe a bit more of a mirror finish?

~Ibrahim~

Tachometer looks nice, but does it look a little tacky with it racked up so high? Maybe like 3-4? I like the idea of 5 for the "hot" forums and then 3 for the "regular" and 1/2 for the "dead" ones. Can this be active, so it is able to change by itself?

Have you tried maybe getting it 3D? With the center bulging out slightly? With it a bit more shiny so the reflection stands out a bit more? Like there is a piece of glass over the scale? Is that a motherboard around the frame? Nice, maybe a bit more of a mirror finish?

~Ibrahim~

I doubt you will see all of that fancy stuff when the image is only 35x35

Tmod

ook

Ive looked through the pages I missed this week being busy, and I just want to say everyone is doing good stuff.

I'll give you all a week or so more to refine it to your best.

Please make sure you have given the image to Tmod so he can test it on his site to make sure it fits and looks proper.

There's a couple things I want to point out so everyone listen up.

The logo/banner does NOT have to have the street sign, nuke sign, or such.

The logo/banner DOES have to have my original toaster (sorry kccustom, but the original toaster is still the best and as I've mentioned it has a lot of meaning to me and us old-timers), and it does have to have the Ghz tach.

I'd LIKE it to also have a mobo, but that doesn't have to be.

No tires...we don't need tires. We are a computer/overclocking site, not a Michelin dealer.

has anyone thought about vid cards?

waterblocks? (i linked ya all to a good waterblock...maybe a watercooled DFI-Street logo? or toaster?)

I know you probably waiting for me to give you exact direction on exactly what I want, but the problem is I don't know exactly what I want. I just know what I want it to contain (the toaster and the ghz tach...and the uv motherboard if possible, but not necessary like the first two).

It's very hard for me because I am not an artist at all, I just know what looks..."right".

Most of the things I've seen from you guys, they look really good. On the right track. I've not yet seen the BE-ALL/END-ALL logo that is an instant winner, and I probably won't since I don't really know exactly what I want.

But this is a good time that allows you to polish up your graphics skills, and to show everyone how much you support DFI-Street just by entering one or a billion graphics ;)

I very much appreciate it. I've got myself into some serious work/projects lately and I'm trying to juggle 2 jobs now.

Another week or so and we'll take a vote on the best graphic for us (or the mods will pick, haven't quite decided on that yet either).

So ya got time to just come up with new stuff.

and hey...if some guy thinks totally outside the box and comes up with a killer logo/banner that doesn't contain any of the things I said it MUST, but it at least adheres to the Speedfire color scheme...then that is ok too.

So maybe spend this week refining what you've already done as well as thinking outside the box trying something totally new/different.

thx!

okay....just to make sure and clarify

1) we wont be receiving any more insight and direction on our design

2) we have to use our best judgment and the opinions of other designers out here too look for comments

This is how I understood what you said - makes sense...you are busy and looking over 20+ images every day is not something u wanna do.....

On that basis.....what is the final date by which we have to submit our contest entry ?