How bad are these rails?

Mr. Jules

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, I have yet to use a multimeter on this thing but here are the OCCT test results as requested. By the way isn't there a way to calibrate my ITE after figuring out the correct voltages with a multimeter? Anyways....

Edit: This is at 2.4GHz with 1.525vcore in the bios, CPU temp never above 37C

2006-10-20-23h09-VoltCore.gif

2006-10-20-23h09-Volt12.gif

2006-10-20-23h09-Volt5.gif

2006-10-20-23h09-Volt3.gif

I know that I need to get a different power supply if I want to take my oc any further but was curious about how good or bad my current ps rails look. Take a look at the screenshot and rate these 1-10.... 10 being "rock solid" and 1 being "absolutely horrific". I'd appreciate the input thx ahead of time.:tooth:

(this is after a 20 min game of BF2142, so it's load without any ocing)

mbm.jpg

Motherboard Monitor 5 display the DFI LP nF4 adjusting. :confused:

With your DFI LP UT nF3 250GB the true reading is:

nF4 LDT Bus Voltage = nF3 250GB Chipset Voltage

nF4 Chipset Voltage = nF3 250GB AGP Voltage

nF4 Chipset Temp. = nF3 250GB PWM IC Temp.

nF4 PWM IC Temp. = nF3 250GB System Temp.

Link: fit for the DFI LP UT nF3 250GB, soundx98 Sticky: The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

Hope this help ;)

ok, I have yet to use a multimeter on this thing but here are the OCCT test results as requested. By the way isn't there a way to calibrate my ITE after figuring out the correct voltages with a multimeter? Anyways....

Edit: This is at 2.4GHz with 1.525vcore in the bios, CPU temp never above 37C

Yes! you can do that within MBM 5 and also with ITE's Smartguardian for 12 V and 5 V Rails. :)

Motherboard Monitor 5 display the DFI LP nF4 adjusting. :confused:

With your DFI LP UT nF3 250GB the true reading is:

nF4 LDT Bus Voltage = nF3 250GB Chipset Voltage

nF4 Chipset Voltage = nF3 250GB AGP Voltage

nF4 Chipset Temp. = nF3 250GB PWM IC Temp.

nF4 PWM IC Temp. = nF3 250GB System Temp.

Link: fit for the DFI LP UT nF3 250GB, soundx98 Sticky: The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

Hope this help ;)

So all I need to do is go into MBM and change the description for those values right?

We cant all use a meter though. some of us have to rely on software

<_<

>_>

Theres no excuse not to when even the cheap 10$ ones are far more accurate then mobo sensors:cool:

ok fine :) I just bought a OCZ 520w(non sli version) Powerstream, been watching them for a while and finally took the dive. Looking forward to getting it this week! Anybody with previous experience with this ps have any tips or just notes about the ps?

I have one thing to say. When in doubt about whether or not you have enough power, get the PSU I have, and put yer mind at ease LMAO

That should serve you well though. Any drop in the 12V rail that's more than, oh say .1-.2 at the most, 'specially with only a single card system, is a problem. Mine RARELY drops .2 while gaming and I have a high end SLI power guzzler.

ok fine :) I just bought a OCZ 520w(non sli version) Powerstream, been watching them for a while and finally took the dive. Looking forward to getting it this week! Anybody with previous experience with this ps have any tips or just notes about the ps?
Why? It is an end of life product & more expensive than the GXS 600W.

At least get the SLI version!