Vigor Gaming Monsoon II (754, 939, AM2, LGA775) TEC cooling!

Angry_Games

WEll i reseated the TEC just now and it sits flush with the CPU and everything is hooked up right but i still do not understand the constant 26-27C temp in the LCD. Also i have a 120MM fan blowing at the exhaust of the case and a 120mm blowing towards the TEC in the front of the case. So the air flow is pretty even; can't seem to find the little bug that's causing this fluctuation.

The reading on the LCD is the units operating temperature which isn't going to match your core temps. Start cranking the voltage and the frequency and run orthos...the LCD will change ;)

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, I want one :D

Do you think my PSU can run it? I know I should read the thread and all that, but out of 11 pages... :/

I think I would wait to see what the Nautilus 500 can do as I think it will be a better solution. I already purchased one and will update in about a week or so on it's performance compared to this.

Yeah you'd be OK I'm sure, the Powerstream is a still an awesome PSU

Excellent, it's on the considered list then. Thanks :D

I think I would wait to see what the Nautilus 500 can do as I think it will be a better solution. I already purchased one and will update in about a week or so on it's performance compared to this.

Is that another TEC cooler?

Be sure to put a link in this thread when you do, I'd be interested to find out.

Excellent, it's on the considered list then. Thanks :D

Is that another TEC cooler?

Be sure to put a link in this thread when you do, I'd be interested to find out.

No it is a self contained water setup just out by Corsair and from what I read very easy to install. The Vigor works but at roughly the same price I am interested to see if this works better. I own the Vigor now and it is cooling my Opty170 and I can push my Vcore to 1.425 - 1.45v without getting too hot, roughly 55c @ 1.45v. But it is VERY BIG and my side panel will not close now and I have a full tower. The LED is pretty useless IMHO but looks cool.

All in all if I were to rate this I would give it a 7 out of 10. But I don't run stock and Opteron's run hotter than other AMD chips.

No it is a self contained water setup just out by Corsair and from what I read very easy to install. The Vigor works but at roughly the same price I am interested to see if this works better. I own the Vigor now and it is cooling my Opty170 and I can push my Vcore to 1.425 - 1.45v without getting too hot, roughly 55c @ 1.45v. But it is VERY BIG and my side panel will not close now and I have a full tower. The LED is pretty useless IMHO but looks cool.

All in all if I were to rate this I would give it a 7 out of 10. But I don't run stock and Opteron's run hotter than other AMD chips.

55C at 1.45V? I'm running my stock cooler at 1.5V and it only runs at 32 - ~50C. Travis had his CPU down to 15C, are you sure you have it installed right?

55C at 1.45V? I'm running my stock cooler at 1.5V and it only runs at 32 - ~50C. Travis had his CPU down to 15C, are you sure you have it installed right?

What are you using to monitor your temps? And yes I am sure I have it installed right.

I'm using EVEREST Ultimate Edition. I'm just wondering why your temps seem so high. Since we both have Denmarks I'm wondering if maybe this isn't the best choice for my system.

I would put this in line with a top of the line air system. I mean after all in the end it is air cooling. It may have a TEC but it is cooled by air. From what I have read the Corsair Nautilus is performing very well and I have one comming. I will update in another thread when it is installed.

I would put this in line with a top of the line air system. I mean after all in the end it is air cooling. It may have a TEC but it is cooled by air. From what I have read the Corsair Nautilus is performing very well and I have one comming. I will update in another thread when it is installed.

Well for that matter, watercooling is aircooling too because the water's cooled by air. I guess I'm still not certain as to whether this is better than watercooling or not.

Well I just installed one on an AM2 Sempron/DFI Lanparty nf590 combo.

If I had actually looked at the instructions this might have gone better...but it ended up taking over an hour.

First i put it together and I'm like, well that went pretty well. Maybe 20 minutes out of the box. Then I'm like did I forget something?

Thermal paste. Dammit, okay tear her down.

Applied thermal paste rebuilt her.

Turn the board back over and start checking it out. Wait a minute....something doesn't seen right. The fan hangs over the first PCI-e slot, and blows straight down into a panel of aluminum.

Dammit, gotta tear her completely down and move the brackets 90 degrees. Get her together again and I'm like did I forget something?

Thermal paste. AGAIN.

Note to any potential buyers, if you're an idiot and frustrated easily (like myself) you might want to avoid this product. :D