Unofficial F.E.A.R. Performance Test Chart & Discussion Thread

CharmedLover84

samplingyd8.th.jpg

Think... if the sample rate is .025s (since the vertical lines are 25 pixels apart) the vertical lines would enter as an intantaneous FPS entry. Oop... it missed the 50 FSP drop by a few some incredibly tiny fractioin of a second. All it saw was 55... then 55 again... then 54 later despite a bunch more variation. It's sample smoothing.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too bad but not exactly somethin' I'd probably play at:

fear1920x120078fpsun4.th.jpg

If I was gonna play widescreen I'd probably take it down to 1680x1050 like I play Oblivion.

Sad thing is I turned soft shadows OFF and my FPS went DOWN. Whoever the idiot was that put the "This feature may severely degrade performance if enabled." warning on there should be smacked for lying LOL.

A nice score.... a real nice score. At 16x12 I'm 10 FPS less on average. The benefit of SLI... the benefit if SLI. Man I want a CFX3200 and another x1900!

I ran a 5 minutes Fraps bench in HL2:Episode 1 and came up with 78.9average minimum 58 maximum 128.

The settings were 16x12, 16x aniso, 6x AA and full HDR. Dear video game gods that's a pretty game.

OH goddamn it! I just made a run where I got 56/116/305 but it froze when it fell out of 3d mode. My biggest complaint about ATItool is that it has a tendancy to do that when you least want it to.

EDIT: All better... kinda

fear5de0.th.jpg

That woulda been a nice score, but get a load of this:

vsyncoff293ghz600ram2sv4.th.jpg

Min: 60 Avg: 134 Max: 326

That's at:

AMD Athlon FX-60 @ 2.9.GHz - OCZ PC4800 @ 586MHz, 2.5-4-4-10-1T - 2x 7900GTX XXX @ 710/900, 84.21 drivers - DFI Lanparty UT SLI-DR Expert (04/06/06 BIOS) - Dell 24" Widescreen Monitor @ 60Hz

I have only one thing to say about that. Wish I had 2GBs of that ram and it was stable enough to run 24/7. Cuz god... 10FPS minimum increase LOL not to mention 134FPS avg. I wonder what Oblivion would get average at rates like that... probably at least another 5FPS than I'm gettin' now.

Anywho, gonna run it again to make sure that's concrete then I'll update for both of us ;)

ADDED BY EDIT:

Got around the same... and I couldn't resist... and I'm glad I didn't:

vsyncoff293ghz600ram254410710900sli1900x120075mj9.th.jpg

:: drools::

I won't pretend to be able to compete with that with a single card like mine. Maybe at some point after I pick up a CFX3200 and I'll find a CF 1900 and we'll play some benchball ;)

I've noticed that a mem speed increase = a whole lotta frames at all speeds with this card. I'm beginning to see why ATI simply slapped GDDR4 on the 1900 for the 1950... it responds really well to some real mem bandwidth.

Eh, long as my processor is such a pain in the butt bottle neck, I won't pretend to compete with anyone's dual-core system, including yours, your ram alone makes you pretty much stomp the . outta me in most things LOL

Just wish one of my two processors was stable at 3. I'm probably gonna pop the Opty back in tomorrow, do a fresh install on a drive I found that I used to use a lot but don't anymore, see if I can get her happy with my OCZ PC4000.

Also wish I could get this board to like this damn OCZ PC4800. It's great freakin' ram, I know it is because I used to run it full speed in my Asus board (300x10 on the FX-55, murdered somethin' fierce when I had a single 7800GTX 512MB). Just... I wish I could figure out how the heck to download that Tony's BIOS that is 704 or somethin' and likes TCCD a lot better than mine does, I think it'd help a bunch.

Anywho, I think if I could get my processor stable at 3GHz with the PC4800 runnin' full speed, 140FPS average would be attainable. Barely, but attainable LOL Cuz if I'm doin' 134 @ 2.93, and increasing CPU speed further (In theory) should increase performance in graphics AND overall, 140 should be cake.

Dunno, if I wasn't so totally against DDR2, I'd probably think about switchin' to AM2, gettin' an FX-62, and hittin' 3GHz in my sleep LMAO

Do have to say though, I would really love to test out a X1900 or 1950, just to see stock VS. stock with one of my cards, and if the performance loss in Oblivion VS. one of mine, due to the X1900 runnin' HDR and AA, would be worth it.

I can't wait til the 8 series comes out, hopin' and prayin' it'll have HDR/AA compatibility, cuz if it does, I'll sell my 7900s and buy one (or two if I can afford it) in a heart beat.

I dunno, DDR 586 at 2.5 cas will give my 492 1.5 cas a run for it's money. Oddly enough it appears that I'm memory starved on my CPU. The divider said so. Coincidently so did the GPU with a miserable 5MHz incres pull those peak/min numbers regardless of only a 1FPS increase.

Honestly, I think even if you get that speed with your ram you won't pull better than 137 average... best case scenario.

I'll give a stock vid card run for you if you want.

fear6rg6.th.jpg

Mmm. part of me wishes I'd ran a FEAR test on my Asus board when I had 3. Not stable, but it was three, damn it LOL stable enough to run a FEAR test.

Ah well, like I said, may get wild and stick my opty back in this weekend... doubt it though, really wanna just relax and enjoy the weekend for once, haven't been able to do that in weeks cuz I've either been workin' on this darned machine or working LOL