First time watercooling - Parts List

Tropikal

Since this is one of the few places where people know everything about everything .. or close enough i decided to get some feedback on the parts i m about to purchase:

Keep in mind i have a TT Armor case, P5B motherboard (waiting for the Lanparty), E6600 and an ATi X1900XTX.

So the parts i got my eyes on are:

12V DD-D5 Pump

Stealth GTS 240 Black Ice

Tygon 3603 Tubing 1/2" ID 3/4" OD - 8 ft

Copper TDX Block for Intel 775 Processors / or Universal TDX Block ( here i need an opinon as far as what the difference is and which would be best)

DD Tyee for the x1900xtx

Any Fillport

Fire Away ...

PS: Thanx to all those that collaborated to the editing of the Watercooling Guide ;)

Guest RohypnoL

Well, it doesn't seem like you want a kit but if for some reason you randomly think about possibly getting a kit, I would DEFINATELY reccommend an Asetek kit with the Antarctica CPU Block. I own one, it was my first WC kit ever, and I love it.

Don't forget the Fillport Resevoir...It's just cool..=)

Also, depending on where you plan on mounting the Rad, you'll need a shroud..And some good fans. Make sure you get shrouds though, so you can mount the fan at least an inch from the Rad, to avoid the dead spot in the center of the fan.

Guest RohypnoL

Asetek kits are great because they are literally -Just add water-. The kits come with a Radiator with shroud, nice stock tubing which I actually use INSTEAD of Tygon in some areas of my cooling (the Tygon actually kinks!), a sweet pump and res, and some fans that push lots of air for being as quiet as they are (120s). The connections are also amazingly easy to use and very secure. I don't think I'd go to barbs after using these. I'm spoiled.

Using silent fans, the MCR220 performs slightly better than the GTS240 and is slightly cheaper.

Tygon is way too overpriced. Get 7/16''ID 5/8''OD Masterkleer tubing. Fits nicely on 1/2''OD barbs.

CPU blocks like the AquaXtreme MP-05 and/or MP-1 are a nice alternative to the TDX blocks. Also keep in mind that plexi tops might crack.

Do not get a Tyee unless you get it for the low-profile design. It's a overpriced chunk of copper. If low-profile isn't a problem and you insist on getting a full-cover block, I suggest visiting www.ekwaterblocks.com, located in Slovenia. The full-cover blocks there look great. They are relatively cheap and shipping is too.

If you want a GPU only block, the 3 most popular blocks are all good. (AquaXtreme MP-1, DangerDen Maze4, Swiftech MCW60) The MP-1 uses a more restrictive design to get better temps, but the MCP655 pump is well suited for these kind of things.

www.petrastechshop.com has great watercooling items. They also carry Pentosin, an anti-freeze used by German car manufacturers like Audi and highly recommended for watercooling setups.

Good luck.

I don't know guys, Danger Den is about as good as it gets. Myself, Watsonte, Happy_Games, Technodanvan, etc. all use it and love it.

That setup looks awesome. That's what I'd choose if I had your setup.

Might want more tubing though, I used at least 10 feet in my Lian-Li, which is comparable in size to your Armor.

(It was my first time watercooling as well)

uncledave again.....yeah i second that danger den (ranked highest on every forum i bless my posts with) or your own version.

And besides, isnt that the reason we are here on this forum?? people that dont buy it cos its easy if you cud buy a gaming rig unassembled in a box you probably wudn't.

half the fun is sourcing parts seeing whats good and what works or is that just me???

i'll step off my soapbox now...

Don't forget the Fillport Resevoir...It's just cool..=)

Also, depending on where you plan on mounting the Rad, you'll need a shroud..And some good fans. Make sure you get shrouds though, so you can mount the fan at least an inch from the Rad, to avoid the dead spot in the center of the fan.

Hmm k where can i get the shrouds ? (i dont even know what they are)

Personally if I were building right now I'd grab the universal top TDX, might want to ask but I'm pretty sure its stainless stell, no worries about it bending or anything.

Thats the question i actually had ..which block to get .. keeping in mind i have a P5B but i m going to get the Lanparty when it comes out..

I d appreciate if cpukiller or angry could chip in ;)