G80 in mid-november??

Redbeaver

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4812

mwaahahahahahaha

if this IS true... then a 8800GTS will definitely be mine before xmas........ if i can get a hold of one of course....

but about 96% improvement over ATI x1950xtx in HalfLife: Lost Coast?

....insane...

holy ****. those numbers in the article are unbelievable!!! card is powerful...

Isn't that a video card manufactuer problem, not the GPU manufactuerer?

Its like eVGA might have these problems, but XFX might not... or the other way around. A simple problem with a resistor might just be a problem with certain brand of video cards... however, if the resistor was used in the card because of the GPU manufactuer's design, then all brands would be involved with the same problem.

Either way life has been bad for me, I require two of these 8800GTX cards as soon as they are available to fill several voids in my soul... one in particular as large as my own life. Enough said.

Perrsonally thats why I opted to get the xt1950 xtx instead of waiting for the new Nvidea cards, as I personally have no desire what so ever to use Windows Vista and considering that the new G880 achitecture is based on DirectX 10 and you really need the OS to utilize DirectX 10 achitecture I really see it to be pointless for me!

The new ATI XT1950 XTX card is everything that you could possibly want in a video card! The detail and realism at maxed out settings in Dark Messiah is abosolutely shattering and mind blowing!

And once their are a few more releases of drivers and everything gets where it should be, I can only imagine what this thing will actually do.

The 8800 is a DX10 capable card it is not based on it. It will flat rip in any DXx game or application and screams in OpenGL. Right now you need a pair of X1950's in a CF config to stay with a single 8800GTX.

As far as the drivers for the x1950 you will see little or maybe no preformance increase in future releases, except in OpenGL where there is a know memory allocation issue in the current Cat 6.10's that is slowing the cards there. The drivers are already very well optimised for the R580 core. ATI may be able to tweak a percent or two here and there in some games/application but the major driver speed increases for the R580 are pretty well dialed in.

There is no real magic in the x1950's. The 1950's are still an R580 core cards just with a much improved stock cooler allowing higher stock core clocks and the memory controller reworked for use with GDR4 memory. Unfortunately there is also an appearent error in the bios memory clocks setting script that prevents the memory OC from being set higher than 1134Mhz too.

The IQ for the X1950 is excellent, no question about it, just as is was in the x1900's. NV hasn't been able to match ATI's IQ for a long time now.

Viper

Question: does DX10 be only for Vista OS??? Windows XP won't be able to run DX10 at all???

Also, I checked the specs on the 8800GTX cards and it says it requires PCIe 16x bandwith... is that so, running SLI with these cards will require a 16x SLI motherboard??

Question: does DX10 be only for Vista OS??? Windows XP won't be able to run DX10 at all???

Also, I checked the specs on the 8800GTX cards and it says it requires PCIe 16x bandwith... is that so, running SLI with these cards will require a 16x SLI motherboard??

Correct DX10 = Vista Only (You quickly find out it's Shitsta if you have run any of the beta's).

Not having a DX10 OS isn't going to be an issue for a good couple of years though. Upcoming DX10 games will have a DX9 fallback for a long time. Without being able to run on XP a game will probably have real trouble keeping it's head above water sales wise for the next year or two.

Viper